LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

God of War (PS4) Coming April 20th 2018. New trailer and more

Pre-ordered.

Whats the deal with amazon not having pre-orders for upcoming PS4 games (Spider-man, last of Us, Days Gone are a few I checked)? As a Prime member you get 20% off pre-orders, had to use my friends best buy gamer club discount instead.

I have mine ordered through Amazon and its set to ship today. /shrug

I also have Spider-man and Detroit pre-ordered through them as well given the Prime discount.

I don't doubt that there's an issue. Just saying they were up and available.

...and I just received my shipping notification for God of War literally two minutes ago. Scheduled delivery for tomorrow as expected. 

So whatever the problem, it hasn't affected their ability to get stock for existing customers that placed their orders.

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

I don't doubt that there's an issue. Just saying they were up and available.

...and I just received my shipping notification for God of War literally two minutes ago. Scheduled delivery for tomorrow as expected. 

So whatever the problem, it hasn't affected their ability to get stock for existing customers that placed their orders.

Yeah this is pretty recent, just a couple of days ago. 

I also have Detroit Pre-ordered. But I couldn't get God of War last week (but saw it available Monday). I ended up using a Gamestop giftcard balance I forgot I had to get the digital version.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:12 AM, OldDarth said:

So I couldn't resist anymore with all the overwhelming positive. This McCreary clip really has me excited.

Mondo has God of War 2LP up for pre-order.  

So far I'm having a lot of fun. It's safe to say this is the best looking game that's ever graced my PS4. Luckily, so far the story and gameplay are also quite enjoyable. I always have a rough tme memorizing new button combos, but so far this seems sensibly arranged.

I don't have a ton of experience with GoW games, but is it new to have upgradable weapon and skill trees?

EDIT: The graphics are so good, at first I found myself waiting for the cinematic sections to end and return to the game, only to realize it already did. ;-)

• Like 1

It's not new to have upgradeable weapons and skills, no. That's been a staple since the first game and has expanded with each.

recalling the axe is one of the most ridiculously satisfying gaming experiences i've ever had. the look, the sound, the feel as it thunks into your hand. good grief.

• Like 2

The combat feels quite different. I like it. I got my ass handed down quite a few times already - it's a good challenge.

And SOOOO pretty.

• Like 2

This game has come at an interesting time for me. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been having back pain issues that would come and go, but last weekend was hellish. I was supposed to be camping that weekend, but I went to the ER on the morning of the 14th because the pain was absurd. A friend came to take me, and it took every ounce of energy I had just to make it to the car. I had to stop halfway from the back of my apt to the front to lay down.

The ER gave me morphine and toradol, and yeah it worked. I still had pain after coming down off the morphine, but the toradol started the healing process. I basically camped in my living room because being on the floor was the only way I could be comfortable.

I'd been streaming a lot of shows, but that was kind of getting depressing. So when I saw this game was coming out, I pretty much impulse pre-preorded (digital) it because I knew I was going to be home a LOT over the coming days. Needless to say, it's provided a much needed distraction. So far, I've played this almost entirely from my floor, propped up a bit on some pillows, looking up at the projector. :-) But yesterday and today I've been feeling much less pain, so today I tried playing while seated for a while (being aware of my posture), and so far I'm feeling OK.

Anyway, this game came along at an ideal time. I hope I always associate it the healing process because it's helped take my mind off things.

I honestly feel like I have already gotten my money's worth, it's that good.

• Like 4

Sorry for your troubles, Ed. Glad the gaming is helping. Recovery for all sorts of purposes are often the main thing that drives me towards playing a game these days. I think there is a lot to be said for the interaction aspects of games in such scenarios, vs lazing and watching a movie or a TV show. 

• Like 3

Ed, i have been home almost 6 weeks with two slipped discs in my lower back. I have caught up on almost every movie and tv show i wanted to watch. God of War and other unfinished games are next on my list as I am home until it gets better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

Ed, i have been home almost 6 weeks with two slipped discs in my lower back. I have caught up on almost every movie and tv show i wanted to watch. God of War and other unfinished games are next on my list as I am home until it gets better.

Oh Damn, Joey, I had no idea! That's crazy! Really sorry to hear that. I literally know the feeling as 3 years ago this month I had a ruptured disc (which I think the same thing as a slipped disc, just more graphic :-) ) - but two? That's pretty wild.

I haven't had a new MRI yet, but I have a feeling this time it was the next one down (the lowest disc), just because the feel of this was different. Last time it caused crazy sciatic pain down my leg...but this was radiating differently, and the pain this time was actually worse. The worst pain of my life, hands down.

20 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Sorry for your troubles, Ed. Glad the gaming is helping. Recovery for all sorts of purposes are often the main thing that drives me towards playing a game these days. I think there is a lot to be said for the interaction aspects of games in such scenarios, vs lazing and watching a movie or a TV show. 

Indeed I think so as well. The funny part of this is that I was really unable to play much VR at all because it assumes your viewpoint is vertical. I actually tried putting the camera way up on my tripod aimed at the floor, and laying down with the headset on...but there's no way (as far as I know) to "zero" the gyro in the headset to the direction you are facing. I could view anything in 2D with the VR headset (I actually played a fair amount of Nex Machina while prone on the VR 'big screen'), but all the actual VR games assume you're upright.

• Like 1

Started playing on Thursday night and just finished up. I still have some post games stuff to finish up, but I completed most of it. This is easily the best game in the series, and I will say, one of the best games Sony has ever released. The gameplay and story are all top notch. Every voice actor is fantastic and perfect in their role. The mix of Greek and Norse mythologies works so well. There are so many great moments in this game, but I will not put any here until more of you finish it. Nothing should be spoiled for anyone who is playing this game. The ending is fantastic and I will leave it at that for now. I only thought Red Dead had a shot of beating out Monster Hunter for GOTY for me, now Red Dead has to be pretty incredible to beat this.

-Dean-

• Like 2

Sorry to hear the troubles you guys are having. Going in for knee replacement on May 7th. Rearranging things so I'll be able to game as I recuperate.

Agree about the axe return. Makes one feel like Thor!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OldDarth said:

Sorry to hear the troubles you guys are having. Going in for knee replacement on May 7th. Rearranging things so I'll be able to game as I recuperate.

Agree about the axe return. Makes one feel like Thor!

We are all falling apart, but at least we will get some gaming done :)  I also thought the same thing about throwing the ax, lol. Game is amazing so far, and I am only a few hours in.

• Like 1