LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Yoshi's Crafted World [Switch] - 29th March

There were rumours of a delay to 2019 and it looks as though it might be true given the game's no show during the E3 Direct.

After noticing its wasn’t in the company’s E3 Nintendo Direct, we inquired about its absence with Nintendo of America director of product marketing Bill Trinen. He said the game isn’t at E3 but is still being made, adding, “We’ll have updates later this year.”

https://kotaku.com/yoshi-game-for-switch-is-skipping-this-e3-1826766258

eShop seemingly confirms the bump to 2019.

l8u4wnb4bm311.png

If Nintendo are promising an update later this year then hopefully it will appear in the first quarter of 2019. I don't mind. I am so desperate for a great Yoshi game and while I love the style of this the gameplay footage I have seen is quite bare and simplistic. 

UK date has also been confirmed for the 29th, incidentally. So I’ll have this to take down into the fallout shelter with me.

This will probably be the next game I buy given everything of interest already waiting for me on PS+ and Gamepass.

• Like 1

Downloaded and played through it. Cute! I do worry that it will have the same issue as Wooly World for me - there’s just no challenge at all.

This might be the happiest looking game I’ve ever set eyes on. It’s Yoshi’s Big Planet!

No challenge whatsoever in the demo, but it’s so endearing and downright fluffy that sometimes it’s just what I crave from a game.

• Like 1

I can’t wait for the full release. It’s not challenging no but, that’s ok 😊 it’s gorgeous, feels unique and is just so full of goodness I can’t help but smile. I’ve played through the demo 3 times now even after 100% everything and I’m still enjoying it. 

• Like 1

It’s like they blended the simplicity of Little Big Planet with the aesthetics of Tearaway and stuck Yoshi in it, and I’m totally down with that. I turned to Super Lucky’s Tale on XB1 recently in the hope of scratching a relaxed platformer itch, and it’s not really doing much for me, but I sense that this will push all the right buttons (admittedly I have a huge bias for most things Yoshi related).

Here’s John from DF taking a look at it:

I don’t fully agree with him on the music... at least not until I hear the full soundtrack. The demo level’s theme we get is the same tune used in almost every trailer, and it’s a pity there’s no variant when you go to play the flip side of the same level. That said, the music in the menus is rather nice (particularly the level completion screen tune) and I though the music in the story trailer was fine.

• Like 1

Reviews are about on par with expectations (average to good, depending on the reviewer’s tolerance for something this easy going). Was hoping one supplier would price the digital code at the same price they are asking for the physical (£39 inc a cute yoshi egg case for game cartridges), but they want £46. 

ShopTo re-stocked! Downloading now. Once again buying a cheaper code from a third party still rewarded me with the full £2.50 in eShop coins (and I got another 90p off the price via Quidco). Brought it in at a little over £40 in the end. 

Yoshiiiiii!

• Like 1