LCVG
Angry the Clown

Disneyland/World and Universal parks discussion thread (where the magic never ends... until a ride you loved is knocked down and replaced with something lame)

The ride itself looks a bit lame in some respects, but the Firehouse section of the queue is perfect I think.

Something like that, but more sophisticated, in Florida would be great. Tear down that silly rollercoaster that has nothing to do with anything, rip Fallon out of that building and return the GB's to their rightful place I say. :)

I'm surprised how little Universal trade off Nostalgia outside of merchandise and Horror Nights. As I think I've said before, they seemed to have removed existing attractions like Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and Jaws just before the nostalgia boom and I wonder if they regret it to some extent (BTTF would have always needed revisiting as the existing ride movie was unquestionably dated. Removing Jaws was probably a bigger tragedy in the grand scheme of things, though it was expensive to run on that old 90s tech).

I had no idea this existed until I saw it in the video I capped this from, and let out an audible gasp when I saw it.

72640E8B-8E2E-4335-8E0A-30402153A556.thumb.png.2a1772e6703508fa64d151e5850c9550.png

Thats just the best thing ever. 

No, it’s an accessory you can get for your Droid at the Droid depot. 

The glasses look about shot glass sized. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Is that roaming at GE? 

They do have the 25,000 credit R2 roaming around a little from time to time. It’s a shame they don’t have more droids running around, even if they did require an operator to be nearby. 

OK this might be the best Galaxy’s Edge thing I’ve seen yet:

LOVE that meet n’ greet Chewie growls, even laughs! I wonder how the cast member triggers the sound they want to make.

Press seem to have been given early access to Hagrid’s Magical Magnificent Mystical Musical Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure soft opening.

Yeah, I saw there was an event that hosted the actors for Ron, Luna and Draco with Warwick Davis hosting/leading the show.

Early reviews of Hagrid’s from cast previews and the media event seem overwhelmingly positive. 

It does look like a lot of fun. A great mix of a low to the ground multi launch coaster and dark ride elements. 

Universal was reporting a 10 hour wait at some point today. 

They announced that and the rides a good while back as it happens. It’s already well into construction as Bugs Land was trashed last year. I don’t have high hopes for it to be honest. 

1 hour ago, dienekes96 said:

3 minute ride plus likely low ride capacity.  Looks amazing, though.

It’s actually well designed for high capacity, they’ve just been having teething problems with some of the trains apparently (audio related) so only about three are running right now. They can definitely run five, and I’ve read as many as seven if required. Each has 14 riders per train, and the loading bay is a constantly moving conveyor belt.

38 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Absolutely appalled to read the cinema on Main St at Disneyland has now been turned into another merchandise location. 😩

I actually loaded up Disneyland Adventures last night from Gamepass, just to check out their version of Disneyland.  I can't really tell if the Main St windows are all there, but they do have the light on in Walt's apartment, which is a nice touch. 

• Like 1

It's been a long time since our last Cedar Point trip (2007 I think), so we're due for another visit.  Once the kids are up for it, I think we'll do a family trip down. 

I think that Steel Vengeance is on the old Mean Streak track (at least partially), and I've heard that it's several minutes long.  Definitely looking forward to checking that out.  There are at least three new coasters there that I haven't been on yet. 

Speaking of new coasters though, I got to try out the new B&M dive coaster at Canada's Wonderland this weekend.  Very cool ride (and taller than the version at CP) that I was glad that my 7 year old was just tall enough for (maybe even half an inch too short, but close enough to get a wristband). 

I really wonder whether the Hagrid crowds are an indication of similar chaos that might take over Florida Galaxy’s Edge. It’ll be interesting to see what different measures Disney try to take.

For some reason I was thinking Florida GE was getting pre-booked timed entry but it’s actually just going to extra extra magic hour free for all (which I guess is the only practical option given how it differs as a global holiday destination compared to Disneyland).