LCVG
Angry the Clown

Disneyland/World and Universal parks discussion thread (where the magic never ends... until a ride you loved is knocked down and replaced with something lame)

5 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Did you ever get a chance to ride it in the dark?

I rode Hagrid's in the dark back in November-extremely cool ride.  They didn't have the full preshow running though-just fang walking around in the hologram set.  Even when the park was only open to Ignite attendees, the wait was still 90 mins.  Not looking forward to the lines in February...

• Like 1

Not sure what to do about DHS for the feb trip.  Right now, we're going to be down for the 9th-14th, and we have 5d universal passes.  Plan was originally to do 1d at DHS primarily to see Star Wars.  The thing is, I don't really like the idea of spending $600+ on admissions, and then having to mess with a virtual queue/boarding group that means you might not be able to get in at all.  I'd be fully prepared for a 2-2.5h line, like we did for Avatar a few years back, but when the only option seems to be "get to the park at 5am", that's a little messed up. 

I guess that confirms that it'll be coming to the FL park, presumably in the new gate?  There's still room to rip out the old kids area at Studios, but I suppose if they have a whole new park to fill, the existing parks aren't going to see much attention for a while. 

It's definitely going in the new park. They seemed to instantly abandon plans to begin building at the Studios once they secured the land for Epic Universe.

Video view of construction in Japan:

Hollywood is definitely getting Mario Kart as the building is well under way, but am not sure if it will incorporate Yoshi or not. In Japan it looks as though both share the same building, so it's perhaps possible but from the video below it doesn't look as if the foundations are there for the exterior portion of Yoshi, unless they are flipping it to the opposite side of the big building and that's what the secondary structure is for.

Florida will add the Donkey Kong Country mine kart coaster.