LCVG
ChrisBardon

A thread about Lego

CF38D741-67BB-4D37-BEFA-4A211A5D4B2F.thumb.jpeg.dc0f0316b2a72d25c8d7e31adcbf2f28.jpeg

I mean it’s only my third LEGO set as an adult, but this thing is huuuuge. And gorgeous. Can’t wait to put it together :).

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Bravo 1

Got my NES yesterday as well.  Started in on the build, and I think it has my favourite mechanical feature I've seen in a while.  The way they got the cartridge receiver to click up and down correctly is ingenious.  I also appreciate the 1:1 photo recreations from the original manuals/box art. 

• Like 1

I really want that Nintendo set now after your reviews and watching the Brick Builder speed build today. It'll be one for the permanent collection for sure. I just have to finish up Corner Garage first. That one's a couple of years old, but more fun than I expected. The garage door mechanics are especially tight.

Agreed on Corner Garage. That one got no-hum reviews but I enjoyed the build a lot. The caddy-cornered design was different and I enjoyed seeing how they handled it, particularly with the first-floor display windows, etc. And as you said, the garage door is very clever.