LCVG

A thread about Lego

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, that went quickly-NES done.  It's 2600 pieces, but a lot of small ones, and a lot that goes together really quickly (e.g. the 60 tank tread bits to make the base for the scrolling screen).  This

Got all of the new sets assembled.  Here's the three helmets:     All three are really nice.  The hoses on the tie pilot are a great detail, and the shapes of all three are faithfu

I mean it’s only my third LEGO set as an adult, but this thing is huuuuge. And gorgeous. Can’t wait to put it together :).

Posted Images

I was planning on mounting this above the new Avengers machine that's on the way, but not quite enough clearance with the ceiling.  I've got a couple of other ideas for where to put it, but it's really wide:

y4maEySUGjilebzbqV7Tqx1YYbOM1wpusMR7P9Ug

It is flexing a little the way it's propped up, but seems like it should be stable enough hanging on the wall.  As expected, there are also a lot of spare parts left after one of these builds.  Certain colours used up everything, and a few others maybe only half of what was available in the 3 sets. 

So the new Lego Ideas set (123 sesame street) is out Nov 1:

54246_from%20packaging%20(4).jpg

A little disappointing actually, I liked the original fan design much more (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/188afa42-fca3-49f9-afe9-00bd9f33725f):

resize:800:450

There are some obvious improvements in the official version, but it seems like a smaller scope, so I'll probably pass.  The minifigs look great, and what they do have seems impressive, but it seems like a set that could have done really well with another 1000 pieces.  Seems strange in 2020 for Lego to be scaling anything back.

The fan design had the hinged building with the full roof, and a few more details.  I think the building looks better in the revision, and the minifigs they did do are very nice, although the Elmo and Cookie Monster look like times square characters.  Of course, I also liked that the fan design had Grover, the Count, Biff and Sully, Prarie Dawn, and Gordon, Susan and Bob, and a really strong set of references to all eras of the show. 

It's still fine, although a little odd that it's listed as an 18+ set, but I suppose the target demographic for sesame street is still in the Duplo years. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New modular is finished!  A police station in 2021 seemed like kind of a strange choice, but having the donut shop next door is fun.  It's a shame these are display pieces in some ways, because they keep adding really neat little interior details, like rotary phones, typewriters, a reel to reel tape deck, and a secret trapdoor for stealing donuts.  20210215_163016.thumb.jpg.165dbfaf68667702ba69d283c19fd3f0.jpg

Ended up putting it here because that's where it fit (that side of the room).  The shelves with the modulars (and some other big sets, some of which are my daughter's) are getting full-probably enough room for 2-3 more buildings along the top (depends on whether they do yet another corner one year). 

20210215_163050.thumb.jpg.2169fb54de0a62c8807138c9baabecc4.jpg

21 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

New modular is finished!  A police station in 2021 seemed like kind of a strange choice, but having the donut shop next door is fun.  It's a shame these are display pieces in some ways, because they keep adding really neat little interior details, like rotary phones, typewriters, a reel to reel tape deck, and a secret trapdoor for stealing donuts.  20210215_163016.thumb.jpg.165dbfaf68667702ba69d283c19fd3f0.jpg

Ended up putting it here because that's where it fit (that side of the room).  The shelves with the modulars (and some other big sets, some of which are my daughter's) are getting full-probably enough room for 2-3 more buildings along the top (depends on whether they do yet another corner one year). 

20210215_163050.thumb.jpg.2169fb54de0a62c8807138c9baabecc4.jpg

What is that beside the Ghostbusters firehouse?

13 hours ago, Graeme said:

What is that beside the Ghostbusters firehouse?

Ninjago city.  It was another big set they did a few years ago that was basically the same scale as the modulars, so it fit the layout.  They actually released a couple of follow ups (docks and gardens) since then, but I didn't like those ones as much. 

1 hour ago, ChrisBardon said:

Ninjago city.  It was another big set they did a few years ago that was basically the same scale as the modulars, so it fit the layout.  They actually released a couple of follow ups (docks and gardens) since then, but I didn't like those ones as much. 

Ah, thanks. That is a pretty cool looking set. Looks a bit like something out of Cyberpunk or something like that. 

Yeah, there's some really neat details in it too, and it was a cool build.  Looks like it's out of print though.  It seems like some of the runs on big sets are getting shorter and shorter.  This is the new one they just released that fits with it: NINJAGO® City Gardens 71741 | NINJAGO® | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop CA  I don't think I'll pick it up, but it does look kind of neat. 

It's not the fanciest set, or the most expensive set, but my son was very happy to get to build this "vintage" SWTOR ship. He thoroughly enjoyed the build as the techniques were so different to the modern sets he's used to. Loved building the droid + weapons piece by piece, instead of being premades. 

That it's a set from one of "my" games is the icing on the cake. Two more big ones to go. 

JAUQDHp.png