LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBardon

A thread about Lego

It's been a while as my kids grow older, but the Upside Down House is an essential purchase for us. It wasn't my choice, but my son adores Stranger Things, so this is a perfect crossover.

• Like 1

It's a clever design in the way it can flip over and work in both orientations, but I still think I'll pass.  I like the video though.

I saw the lander about a week ago but forgot to post it.  That would make an excellent addition to my Saturn V.

It’s a good price too. I haven’t bought anything since Saturn V so should still have the £10 in VIP member points that I got from that to use as well.

I was going to buy it on Saturday, which was launch day. But after consideration over a couple of pints, going to this AMAZING Levantine restaurant in South Kensington and spending the £90 on dinner seemed like a sensible plan.

So I don't have any plastic toys, but I do have a desire for more of those sticky roasted baby aubergines.

It looks neat, but I'm probably going to wait until the 5th to grab it, since the new rocket ship ride GWP goes live then.  Not quite as cool as the Saturn V, but a fun companion piece. 

So if you grab the lander today, you can get BOTH the Space Rocket ride and the lander crest as GWP.  Cashed in VIP points to buy it, so free Lego!

• Like 1

That's impressive, especially that he managed to get the UCS SSD to stay vertical in the model.  I don't have that one, but the original Star Destroyer is fragile as hell, so managing to get something like that to be stable is a real feat. 

Congrats-the roller coaster is an awesome build!  I haven't really bought into the creator expert vehicles, so no real interest in the HD. 

Not sure about the new VIP scale either.  Haven't done the math yet, but I think they've devalued the points a little.  If nothing else, it looks like it's in local currency, so the loophole of points mapping to USD at the same rate as CAD is gone. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:24 PM, ChrisBardon said:

Congrats-the roller coaster is an awesome build!  I haven't really bought into the creator expert vehicles, so no real interest in the HD. 

Not sure about the new VIP scale either.  Haven't done the math yet, but I think they've devalued the points a little.  If nothing else, it looks like it's in local currency, so the loophole of points mapping to USD at the same rate as CAD is gone. 

There's a new scale? 

Here I always calculate 5% and 10% on Double VIP points.

Got the Lego Batman Comic Con rooftop scene.   Really like it, but ebay is making it tempting to just resell it (we won't)

The tree house set is awesome looking.. I wish i had some space to build that and display it.

The Friends set is cute:

Emphasis on “set” as I love that it includes studio stage lights.

I was in the London store the other day swooning over the Lunar Lander, and Steamboat Willie. Both are reasonably priced I’d like to try and get those so may see if I can afford it during the next double VIP points deal (I might buy one during the deal, then put the points towards the other later. I should still have £10 on my account). Still wish I could afford the Disney castle.

I saw the Treehouse on display in the store and it is indeed delightful. 

There is a Death Star about to go on Auction from a local company soon.  Looks like it is new.  I'm going to make a run at it.  

I think I'll pass on that one for now, but it does look neat.  After the castle, what I really wanted to see was a scale model of something like the Haunted Mansion.  What would be really neat would be a version that had the show building as well (basically a scale model of the whole attraction in Lego), but that would be absolutely massive.  I'll bet someone has done that as a MOC though...

• Like 1