LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisBardon

A thread about Lego

My son and I finished getting my wife's friend set together last night.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Tried to get a close in pic, like I was actually filming the show.  

F340F079-C669-426D-B574-07A5BE78E4AD.jpeg

• Like 1

New Batmobile at home next to the Tumbler in the office.  Was thinking of moving BB8, Wall-E, and R2D2 together onto a robot shelf, but running out of space.

y4mUaw4g7oexz3-bfyjWNWptxIUjNenldy4_Fz69

The 89 Batmobile is a really dense build, and lots of curved surfaces means some neat techniques.  I never would have guessed looking at it that it was 3000+ pieces.  Cool rotating stand too!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChrisBardon said:

New Batmobile at home next to the Tumbler in the office.  Was thinking of moving BB8, Wall-E, and R2D2 together onto a robot shelf, but running out of space.

y4mUaw4g7oexz3-bfyjWNWptxIUjNenldy4_Fz69

The 89 Batmobile is a really dense build, and lots of curved surfaces means some neat techniques.  I never would have guessed looking at it that it was 3000+ pieces.  Cool rotating stand too!

that’s neat I need to start thinking about shelves - I have about 6 sets we need to build. 

I have 4.5 bags remaining, 24 total plus two large part bags, on the 89 BM. Would have got that last .5 bag done tonight, but had to backtrack a bit when I realized my canopy wasn’t closing properly. And it was at least 1, maybe 2, bags after the fact. But all is well now and I’m back on track. 

As a side note, my son received General somebody’s Red Tie Fighter, Yoda, the small Falcon, and the big Lunar Lander. 

So, just got the Death Star off auction for $260. Picked it up and the box is a little beat up, but otherwise looks untouched. 
:milk

• Epic Post 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:45 PM, Eldorado said:

I have 4.5 bags remaining, 24 total plus two large part bags, on the 89 BM. Would have got that last .5 bag done tonight, but had to backtrack a bit when I realized my canopy wasn’t closing properly. And it was at least 1, maybe 2, bags after the fact. But all is well now and I’m back on track. 

That's funny I made the same mistake with the canopy... And also with one of the rear axles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

So, just got the Death Star off auction for $260. Picked it up and the box is a little beat up, but otherwise looks untouched. 
:milk

Which auction was this? surely not ebay?

6 minutes ago, AlbertA said:

Which auction was this? surely not ebay?

It’s called bidFTA.com. I am 99% certain that they specialize in Amazon returns. 

So far so good. It was a little confusing how they number the bags. There are multiples of every number. So instead of having 30 numbered bags, there are so far at least 3 of each number, most have 4, and one had 5. I am done with bag “4.”

image.jpg

21 hours ago, Eldorado said:

So far so good. It was a little confusing how they number the bags. There are multiples of every number. So instead of having 30 numbered bags, there are so far at least 3 of each number, most have 4, and one had 5. I am done with bag “4.”

That's pretty standard actually.  It's only the more recent, non "expert" branded sets that have gone to one of each step number.  It's nice because you don't have to search through as much to find the next bag, but I'd be interested to find out if it increased the set prices at all.  For a $30 cheaper set, I'd take one big tub of parts honestly :)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

That's pretty standard actually.  It's only the more recent, non "expert" branded sets that have gone to one of each step number.  It's nice because you don't have to search through as much to find the next bag, but I'd be interested to find out if it increased the set prices at all.  For a $30 cheaper set, I'd take one big tub of parts honestly :)

Now that my initial anxiety about it is over, I'm good with it.  It was just my first time seeing them numbered like that and when I opened it up at the auction house, knowing it wasn't 100% new, it freaked me out a little.  "Ok, here's bag 5.  Oh, and this is bag 5 too, oh and one more.  Ah, here's bag 1, and another, and crap, there's like five 1's."  At least I still had the option to return it on the spot if it looked like it was missing lots of stuff.  But I think I'm going to be all good. 

I finished the platform, that goes on top of what's in my pic, last night.  And I think that officially constituted the half way mark.  So not bad for only having it the weekend.  But it was rainy and cold all weekend, so not worth going out.

So, there's a Tumbler set to go up on auction, marked new which means it can be returned if it's terribly messed up, and it ends on Thursday.  I would love to have that one.  Got my notifications set to go off when the auction is close to ending.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Lego has a vote open on what the next UCS Star Wars set should be: 

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6dfb7865-b545-4257-908b-36c15451029e

I ended up voting for the Tie Bomber, since I think it'd work well with the other UCS scale ships.  The Frigate could also be cool, and I'd like to see how an official model would work, but it looks like a hard shape to build a stand for.