LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Disney closing in on a deal to buy 20th Century Fox. Valued at over 60 billion. Could announce next week...

Inhumans have been a big part of agents of shield, they were already made like the X-Men. The Inhumans show was pure trash, and should never been mentioned ever again.

I do have reservations about the x line. I hope if they do X-Men its a slow build at the start of them showing up, so there are not so many at once. Would love to see a real Age of Apocalypse movie some day in Phase 5.

I am more excited about FF, Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, etc. plenty of interesting characters that are a part of that license.

15 hours ago, JoeyN said:

I am more excited about FF, Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, etc. plenty of interesting characters that are a part of that license.

Me too-although if RDJ is done, it's unlikely that we'd get to see Tony Stark/Reed Richards on screen at the same time.  Now, what could be interesting is if they used the FF, or at least Reed, as a new major antagonist after Infinity War.  They did some of this in the comics after the secret wars integration of the ultimate universe (and the "maker" reed from UFF), so that could be interesting.  It also means that they could have Galactus and the Silver Surfer in the mix as well-maybe via the next Guardians movie? 

James Gunn is already writing the script for GoTg3 (think he is on multiple drafts already), but he is also planning out the marvel galaxy stuff going forward. So I am sure he would be involved with Surfer. galactis planning.

I hope down the road they do the evil reed thing, as the council of Reeds storyline was very interesting stuff.

Heck no. Reed Richards is more about being one of, but probably the smartest person in the Marvel Universe, then his stretch powers. It really is the one marvel story about family, especially in recent times with Johnathon Hickmans run which was fantastic. Lots of crazy sci-fi stories and crazy villains with big consequences.

I adore the Fantastic Four more than almost any Marvel property, short of Runaways.

When they’re written well, they’re SO good. The first fifty issues of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s run start okay but get really great. Easily my favorite 60’s Marvel after Spider-Man.

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Are the Fantastic Four honestly not a bit shit? It’s weird how I can accept most silly superhero powers but stretchy man can still seem ludicrous to me. 

Not a fan, no. Never have been. I care more about Doom, Galactus and other characters around the Fantastic Four then he heroes themselves.  Guardians of the Galaxy with Galactus (not the cloud monster but actual Galactus) would be downright dreamy.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Finishing AOS on Netflix right now.  S4 had been my favorite season.  It is so derivative and crazy but I love it.

Yeah it was the best season

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Yeah it was the best season

Oh good.  So it wasn't just me.

I have Marvel Unlimited.  I've never come across a Fantastic Four comic, are there some good ones you recommend?  I'm not big on the old stuff.  I just can't get into the old art style.  So something 90s+ would be preferred.

It’s not technically FF, but Dan Slott’s Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries, I’m With Stupid, has some fun FF moments and is generally a really fun blast with some hilarious callbacks to past comics.

Looking like the deal is 75 billion. Includes the movie and tv stuff , all the Fox regional sports networks (Including their 80% stake in the YES network), the 30% stake in Hulu, and The piece of Sky fox owns in the 🇬🇧 

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

.....and The piece of Sky fox owns in the 🇬🇧 

Oh? That’s a big deal if true. Murdoch has been desperately trying to have full ownership of Sky here to turn Sky News into a full blown Fox News clone for insane propaganda for years, but has faced repeated push back from antitrust protest groups encouraging regularors to deny him this right (due to phone hacking scandals within his newspapers, and now all the sexual harassment stories within Fox News) .

I’m VERY concered that this deal supposedly invites James Murdoch into Disney. This is not a company that should be forging a connection with that family and its shady history.

So the Fox network isn't included, but the Simpsons IP is?  So that means two properties that Universal is using in their parks are now owned by Disney...

As much as I like the idea of the same company having control over all of the Marvel stuff (except I think the Hulk solo movies and part of Spider-Man), and all of the Star Wars films, it's getting a little monopolistic.

The fox movie and tv studio and the properties goes to disney.

The network stays at the new Fox company along with Fox News, Fox Business, FS1 and FS2

Oooh. A friend has just pointed out that this gives the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen rights to Disney. Would far rather they do a non-terrible version of this than reboot the X-men.