LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Terlip

Anybody use Google Play Music?

I usually use Google Play on my Samsung phone.  I have everything on there, including a playlist with lots of recordings James made.  I have a problem when I try to sign in on any other device.  Half my playlists are missing, including of course James playlist!  I've tried everything and chatted with their help line - no help at all.  Anybody else use this and know what to do?  

I know I could at one time get all this music on James old computer because that's where I made the playlists.  My phone is only a year old.

What happens when you login via the PC?  You should be able to see and manage your playlists there as well.  First check there.  Then depending on what you see, my next question would be whether you have more than one account on your devices.  Perhaps you're looking at a different account and don't realize it.  That would be my guess, that it is not a technical error.  It is user error : )  

So double-verify on all your devices that you're actually looking at the same google account in Google Play Music.  That's #1.  Then I want to know what it looks like on the PC.  Depending on the answers to those, I might have more guidance.

• Like 1

Different accounts was my first thought also but I'm signed in with my email address on my phone and on this computer and on my ipad.  Some playlists are there but not all.  But it's ok I figured out what to do.  I connected my phone to this computer, allowed access to my files on the phone and found the files of James that I really wanted.  So now I have them on this computer also and can back them up along with everything else.  So it's all good in the end.

Thank you though.  Still would like to know why it doesn't show all my playlists but I can live with that now.

• Like 1

Is it possible that the missing playlists are specific to content James paid for in some account personal to him?

Either way -- this is not convenient -- maybe just play the playlist on a device that has it and record it analog-style? Line out to your phone recording everything, eg. This way you have it. Maybe it's an inconvenient 3 hour long mp3 at this point -- but at least you have it.

Oh, where are you? BC, Quebec, Ontario? (my sweetie wants to go back to Quebec and I would also like to see BC). Either way I'd love to figure out a way to say hi.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Robot Monkey said:

Either way -- this is not convenient -- maybe just play the playlist on a device that has it and record it analog-style? Line out to your phone recording everything, eg. This way you have it. Maybe it's an inconvenient 3 hour long mp3 at this point -- but at least you have it.

Alternatively, she could use a cassette to record the music while it's playing from another speaker, like I did in Junior High when a song I liked came on the radio. I'd be interested in hearing one of those tapes now, to see how many songs were missing the first 3-5 seconds and just how crappy the quality was. Ah, the good old days...the kids now will never know the pain :)