LCVG

Project Gotham Racing 2

Buck

Within the coming weeks I plan on getting the first PGR2 Championship underway. All that I'm asking for now are people who are interested in participating. I'll keep the registration open for 1 week, so on January 4 registration will be closed.

We'll be using set cars for all races to keep things competitive. Hope to see the familiar faces along with some new ones out on the track :D

PGR2 Championship Format and Rules

Following are the cities, tracks and cars that will be used for the Championship. If you don't have some of these tracks unlocked to practice on, let me know and I'll help you out ;) Some cars have to be purchased and are indicated by a "*". If you don't have a certain car I believe you can still race, but you will accumulate no Kudos score.

Let's keep the racing as clean as possible

Chicago

Track- Wells and Lakes

*Car- Ford Mustang Cobra

Cost- 11 Tokens

Track- Chicago River Tour

Car- Honda Integra Type R

Cost- N/A

Washington D.C.

Track-Up and Over

Car- Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Cost- N/A

Track- Capitol Thrill

*Car- Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Cost- 12 Tokens

Edinburgh

Track- Lothian Road Eight Long

Car- Mazda Miata

Cost- N/A

Track- Grassmarket East

*Car- Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Cost- 6 Tokens

Moscow

Track- Red Square 1

Car- Porsche 911 GT2 (993)

Cost- N/A

Track- KGB Corner

Car- Toyota Supra

Cost- N/A

Sydney

Track- Opera House View

*Car- BMW M3

Cost- 5 Tokens

Track- Sydney Harbor

Car- Ferrari 360 Spider

Cost- N/A

We will be using the F1 points system for the races as well.

1st- 10 points

2nd- 8 points

3rd- 6 points

4th- 5 points

5th- 4 points

6th- 3 points

7th- 2 points

8th- 1 points

All races will be 3 laps using the Kudos mode (we might as well score some points while we're out there :) )

As of right now I have no intention of using the Kudos score only positions for the overall winner.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Odie@Dec 27 2003, 06:17 PM

Do you have a "final" points chart (with car points adjustments) that will be used for the tournament?

I have the chart Chris (StalkerX) made. Are there any other cars that need to be adjusted further, other than the Caterham 7 to a 12 point car?

That's the one that I have. I just wasn't sure if there had been any other adjustments over the last few weeks since I printed it out.

Any ideas on the rules? I hope we can have some sort of gentlemen's agreement on attempting to have clean races (incidental contact around corners not-withstanding).

I'm not so sure there can be any set rules when it comes to clean racing. I mean if someone takes you out and it was obvious that the intent was to screw you up then that person is just going to have to fess up to it (thus forfitting the race) or run the risk of being labeled a shoddy driver. I dont think it will be an issue with this group of guys we have in here. Just remember if someone has inside position entering a turn then he has the right of way. On the flip side if you are on the inside but a tad behind the car in front of you when entering a turn the car ahead of you has the right of way. Nothing more anoying than making a perfect turn only to get smacked from behind by some dork who thinks he can squeeze in on the inside. :) I just printed out that list of cars with point values attached to them. I will look it over.

The list I linked to doesn't have the Caterham at a 12 point car. Myself and a few others one night felt that is where it fit in best. If anyone feels it's placed to low/high let me know, as well as any other cars.

Nothing more anoying than making a perfect turn only to get smacked from behind by some dork who thinks he can squeeze in on the inside.

So, basically what you're saying is, Sam's brother can't be a part of the Championship? ;)

I'm definately in but I would recommend for ease of competition just using the same cars for everyone. Makes for a much more fair race. While the point system is good for keeping races close I don't know if it would be all that great for actual competition. I would like to do a lo tmore testing on it. I have this next week off so I'll try to work on it some with the cars that are available. I participated in a race that was done for the granturismox.net forum a week ago or so in the renault spiders. Was a fun race but came down to just driver skill where as even with the point system it can still be partially the car.

Round 1 of 4

2 rooms of 8 with the top 4 from each room moving on to the 2nd round

Room 1

Buck

Sam P

Obnoxious

Ant1

Darius

Ringwraith

Covak

Dolemite

Room 2

Cyberwoo

Dan B

StalkerX

Sherbz

Pooter

xPieter

Adjuster

Eeeger

Tracks and Cars

Chicago

Track- Wells and Lakes

*Car- Ford Mustang Cobra

Cost- 11 Tokens

Track- Chicago River Tour

Car- Honda Integra Type R

Cost- N/A

Washington D.C.

Track-Up and Over

Car- Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Cost- N/A

Track- Capitol Thrill

*Car- Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Cost- 12 Tokens

Edinburgh

Track- Lothian Road Eight Long

Car- Mazda Miata

Cost- N/A

Track- Grassmarket East

*Car- Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Cost- 6 Tokens

Moscow

Track- Red Square 1

Car- Porsche 911 GT2 (993)

Cost- N/A

Track- KGB Corner

Car- Toyota Supra

Cost- N/A

Sydney

Track- Opera House View

*Car- BMW M3

Cost- 5 Tokens

Track- Sydney Harbour

Car- Ferrari 360 Spider

Cost- N/A

We have 1 week to complete the first round, so that should give enough time for the groups to plan.

Any questions, let me know.