LCVG

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

New Phase, new discussion/news thread.

We already know spider-man 2 will be right after IW2, which will be followed by Guardians 3. 

Rumors of an Eternals movie came out recently and it’s confirmed in the hiring of writers for the film,Matthew and Ryan Firpo

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-sets-black-list-writers-eternals-movie-1112084

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna try to book tickets despite my wife + kids being lukewarm on it after their irrational dislike of the first film, but I came into work to find out our office manager booked us a private sc

Well...... The outcome to this exchange now has the potential to be more interesting than the movie.   Joey?     

That’s the same combination as my luggage! 

Posted Images

Here are the announced release dates for Marvel Films

July 5, 2019: Spider-Man 2
May 1, 2020: Untitled Marvel
July 21, 2020: Untitled Marvel
November 6, 2020: Untitled Marvel
May 7, 2021: Untitled Marvel
July 30, 2021: Untitled Marvel
November 5, 2021: Untitled Marvel
February 18, 2022: Untitled Marvel
May 6, 2022: Untitled Marvel
July 29, 2022: Untitled Marvel

We can probably expect Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2 and there are also rumors of a Black Widow film. I wonder if Spider-man 3 and Ant-man 3 will also happen with any of the above dates.

No doubt Captain Marvel will have a sequel.  Maybe that will be quick.  We know that GoG3 is in there.   

With the Fox stuff maybe coming in, and Inhumans on the table, it is wide open for a lot of new stuff.  And then who knows if they'll reboot Iron Man, Thor, and Spiderman with their character replacements.

I'll be sad if they do a multiple timeline plotline for Avengers 4.  Rather than committing to consequences and moving on from there, they just warp into another timeline where Iron Man isn't Iron Man, he's married to Pepper, Captain America is on a farm with Peggy Carter, Hawkeye is on his farm with his family, Hulk is cured and living with a non-sterile black widow, etc... every Avengers life is perfect... but meanwhile, in this other unrelated universe, Miles Morales, Female Thor, the Inhumans, Fantastic Four, etc... are all still fighting the good fight in their own reality that we'll now be exposed to.

That would certainly be a great way to reset everything and start fresh for the next 15 years.  But it would feel like a cheat.

1 hour ago, NickC said:

I don't expect an alternate timeline plot, but I do expect time travel where someone goes back at different points in time to fight for the stones before Thanos has them.

I generally like time travel plots.  The way they left it, the time travel has to either be Captain Marvel related, because she is the savior that was called.  Or Ant-Man related, because he's the only character besides Dr. Strange who has anything to do with time travel I suppose.

3 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

I generally like time travel plots.  The way they left it, the time travel has to either be Captain Marvel related, because she is the savior that was called.  Or Ant-Man related, because he's the only character besides Dr. Strange who has anything to do with time travel I suppose.

My guess is Ant-Man. I expect we will learn about that in Ant-Man and the Wasp with the quantum realm and Janet van Dyne.

About damn time. They could copy and paste Mysterio’s original story, update it a little, and it would make a damn fine movie.

Maybe minus some of Peter wigging out that he has a split personality. But still. He ended up a bit of a joke in the comics, but the smaller villains can work really well on the big screen. Vulture is a bit of a useless villain in the comics, but Michael Keaton did a great job giving the character life.

I’ll be interested to see how they interpret the costume.

• 1 month later...