LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

18 hours ago, JoeyN said:

Word is the new Far From Home trailer coming this week will have Tom Holland before it saying not to watch if you have not seen endgame yet. For more then one reason.

That's hysterical.  Has any movie ever done that?  Warned the viewer to not watch this movie because it is a spoiler for another movie?  So awesome.

Yeah its post End Game as expected with some very cool after effects from that movie. MUCH better trailer than the first.

• Like 1

I have to say, that new Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer is the most spoiler-y trailer Marvel has done for a while. And I’m not just talking about stuff that happened in Avengers: Endgame either. It actually gives you some idea of what this film is about, and some of the events that happen in it! Unbelievable!

Yeah there have been rumblings about everything they mentioned during casting and such so I was not really surprised. There have been so many rumors about when the movie takes place, and will end game have consequences going forward so they just let it out.

Holy crap that looked fucking awesome.  I did not love the first movie.  I thought both Spider-Man and Black Panther were better in Civil War than their stand-alone movies.  And was not 100% gonna see this in the theaters.   But that trailer, whoa, I think I have to see this in the theater now.

In Home Coming they went a little too far with the technology.  Turned Spider-man into Iron-Man light in a way which I thought kind of was the wrong way to go.  But now that they seem to be positioning Spider-man as the replacement for Ironman in some way, then sure, tech him up.  I'm all for crazy technology I guess.  I'd love for them to make him more of a genius like how Banner was.  Obviously he will never have the confident asshole vibe that Stark had.

The Empire film podcast did a very long spoiler episode on End Game, which I laughed at a lot. It’s longer then the movie, and they still did not have time to discuss everything. Got me through the day today with a lot of laughter.  They have a live audience show, a long interview with the Russo’s and an interview with the writers coming in the next few weeks as well.

Far From Home tickets went up when the trailer hit. Because it’s opening on Tues July the 2nd, looks like there are no 7pm or 10 pm showings the night before. AMC is listing midnight showings, Regal have none listed. So got Imax 7pm tickets for the 2nd.

Well. Maybe we're getting a Multiverse so we can tie in to Spider-verse. And maybe Mysterio's a lying git.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, foogledricks said:

Holy crap that looked fucking awesome.  I did not love the first movie.  I thought both Spider-Man and Black Panther were better in Civil War than their stand-alone movies.  And was not 100% gonna see this in the theaters.   But that trailer, whoa, I think I have to see this in the theater now.

In Home Coming they went a little too far with the technology.  Turned Spider-man into Iron-Man light in a way which I thought kind of was the wrong way to go.  But now that they seem to be positioning Spider-man as the replacement for Ironman in some way, then sure, tech him up.  I'm all for crazy technology I guess.  I'd love for them to make him more of a genius like how Banner was.  Obviously he will never have the confident asshole vibe that Stark had.

I wasn't a fan of Spider-man getting all teched up in Homecoming either. Spider-man has enough innate powers plus the ultra-versatile web shooters. He didn't need more tech in that movie. In Infinity War, given the higher stakes, going with the Iron Spider suit made sense. I actually hope in Far From Home and future movies, he gets less Iron Man-like and goes back to his roots.

Yes, it will pass Avatar. Needs a record drop-off for an MCU film to miss that target, and there's no sign yet.

Some interesting details just released in a clip from Far From Home about the MCU multiverse.

Going to spoiler this out for other folks, but it's officially released press material.

Spoiler

Per a Far From Home clip released on Ellen the MCU is Earth-616 and Beck (Mysterio) is from Earth-833

Apparently in comics Earth-833 was destroyed by an "incursion" in the lead up to Secret Wars, which collapsed Marvel's multiverse. Will need Joey to confirm.

Earth-616 was also seen on a chalkboard in Erik Selvig's lab in Thor: The Dark World.

The main comic marvel universe has always been known as 616, cool to see it being carried over. Universe 833 is normally home of Spider UK, the british spider-man, which I only know because of the Spider-Verse comic event

:).  The incursions, were a part of the Inifinty event which a lot of the Black Order stuff from the movies came from. It was a very good run on the Avengers books which would be great on the big screen.

Looks like Sharon Carter is making a MCU return...

Kari Skogland To Direct 6-Part ‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Miniseries With Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Bruhl & Emily Van Camp. Coming August 2020.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/20/falcon-winter-soldier-disney-series-gains-director-details-emerge/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Romier S said:

Zemo coming back will be interesting. Civil War reprise.:)

Yep. Will be nice see some of these character to get more fleshed out.

Rumors for the Phase 4 Villain(s).

Spoiler

Norman Osborn for Earth and Michael Korvac for the cosmic movies.

The first was leaked because of some footage that slipped out.The second will be interesting.

Marvel is returning to SDCC Hall H after all. Looking like they announce their film slate at the event, and the Disney+ stuff will be at D23.

• Like 1