LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

2 hours ago, NickC said:

Have to make up that 45 million dollar gap to pass Avatar.

Wait, is that cheating?  Could they release a new version of Avatar next week, call it the "Extended Edition" and re-take the lead?

56 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Wait, is that cheating?  Could they release a new version of Avatar next week, call it the "Extended Edition" and re-take the lead?

Good question, Looks like Avatar had a "special edition" as well, The Phantom Menace had a 3-D release, they both get filed under the main movie and count towards the same box office, in that case i'd say not cheating.

12/18/2009 Avatar $749,766,139
08/27/2010 Avatar: Special Edition $10,741,486

Domestic:  $760,507,625

05/19/1999 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace $431,088,295
02/10/2012 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (in 3D)

$43,456,382

Domestic:  $474,544,677

More details on what to expect from Feige:

Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.

I assume you've all seen this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VrjneFdZFI

Seriously, why didn't Captain just put the hammer on Thanos' chest?  Why didn't Wong just use a portal to send Thanos into the sun?  Or just cut off his limbs.

Whatever, the superhero world can never patch up all of its ridiculous holes that it punches out.

37 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

I assume you've all seen this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VrjneFdZFI

Seriously, why didn't Captain just put the hammer on Thanos' chest?  Why didn't Wong just use a portal to send Thanos into the sun?  Or just cut off his limbs.

Whatever, the superhero world can never patch up all of its ridiculous holes that it punches out.

If Hela could catch and destroy Mjolnir with one hand then who says it would even hold Thanos?

44 minutes ago, NickC said:

If Hela could catch and destroy Mjolnir with one hand then who says it would even hold Thanos?

Because Hela is a magic wielder.  Thanos sans stones is just a smart strong guy.  He's much closer to Hulk than Hela in that regard.  And Hulk couldn't even budge the thing.  

53 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Because Hela is a magic wielder.  Thanos sans stones is just a smart strong guy.  He's much closer to Hulk than Hela in that regard.  And Hulk couldn't even budge the thing.  

Maybe or Odin put the enchantment on the hammer, Odin then dies and the enchantment dies with him, then theoretically anyone could pick up the hammer.

Now this hammer was brought back from when Odin was alive, how does it work when its brought to the future where he is dead? Who knows.

Or we could just say people don't always make the best decision in every situation, hindsight is 2020.

Been keeping an eye to see when Tickets for this weekends End Game shows go on sale ( they have not yet), and its fascinating that the summer movie season has been so poor that most theaters in the NYC/Long Island area do not have anything  other then Toy Story  and the new Annabelle scheduled for Fri,Sat and Sunday yet. Only AMC Empire in Times Square has 5 movies planned for the weekend, and it has space for double that number. 

Something like 1500 screenings of Dark Phoenix have been pulled so they’re definitely getting ready for Endgame.

They are not available yet. I have been checking all morning :)

I'm excited to watch the movie again.  But I'm not sure if these "changes" are worth it to watch in the theater.  I will say that I'm excited for all the extra features and stuff.  I assume Disney+ will host tons of End Game content beyond the movie itself.

I'll probably see Endgame one more time in theaters this weekend as my parents are visiting and they haven't seen it yet.

A few Black Widow set photos leaked and it appears the villain may be..

Spoiler

Taskmaster

1 hour ago, NickC said:

I'll probably see Endgame one more time in theaters this weekend as my parents are visiting and they haven't seen it yet.

A few Black Widow set photos leaked and it appears the villain may be..

Reveal hidden contents

Taskmaster

Greg Davis!?!? 

• Haha 1

My quick reaction. Terrific, the two credit scenes as well. MCU future is exciting in many ways. Can not wait to see what they announce at SDCC. Ill post more in spoilers later.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Angel P said:

Agreed.  Loved it.  

I think the trailer looks great.  But I thought Homecoming was mediocre.  In fact, Homecoming, Thor 2, and Ant-Man 2 are the only three Marvel movies I haven't seen multiple times.  So I ask, do you like this movie more than its predecessor?

The only MCU movie I didn’t see multiple times in the theater was Captain Marvel because I thought it was ok/good but not great.  I either really liked or loved all the others.  I thought Homecoming was good but I loved this movie.  

3 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I think the trailer looks great.  But I thought Homecoming was mediocre.  In fact, Homecoming, Thor 2, and Ant-Man 2 are the only three Marvel movies I haven't seen multiple times.  So I ask, do you like this movie more than its predecessor?

I thought "Far From Home" was way better than "Homecoming," and I loved "Homecoming."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Angel P said:

The only MCU movie I didn’t see multiple times in the theater was Captain Marvel because I thought it was ok/good but not great.  I either really liked or loved all the others.  I thought Homecoming was good but I loved this movie.  

That sounds promising to me.  I didn't dislike Homecoming at all.  Just thought it was OK and haven't rushed to watch it again.  All the Tobey McGuire movies, because I love that guy, have earned multiple viewings.  Even if 3 was just OK.  McGuire just elevates everything for me.

• Like 1