LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

Enjoyed Far From Home a lot more, and I like Homecoming.

Whole family really enjoyed Far From Home, even the kid who turns her nose up at Homecoming/Marvel mostly. Just an all round good action film, with top notch pacing too. And the right amount of humour. 

• Like 2

Really enjoyed Far From Home, I also liked it better than the first, the two credit scenes were also great.

• Like 1

Man, Far From Home was frigging great. I dunno if I liked it more than Homecoming, but it’s damn close.

And that post-credits, holy shit!

• Like 2

Apparently if Far From Home doesn't clear one billion dollars Sony could stop Marvel from making a third Spider-man movie based on the current contract.

Sony could also take an ax and chop their own hands off, well one of them at least.  And that act would be about as smart as taking Spidey back from Marvel.  

• Like 4

End Game is only 6 million from the world record. It did 2 million over the weekend Domestically, so it should still break it by the time the disc release is out.

Saw Spiderman.  Thought it was really good.  Enjoyed the personal stories way more than the first movie.  Liked the iron Man 3 -esque plot.  Can't wait to see what the future holds.

• Like 3

Endgame is now less than 8 million from passing Avatar.

And apparently Marvel has deactivated facebook groups for Black Widow & The Eternals, no surprises there as those are the rumored 2020 films, where it gets interesting is the next three: Dark Avengers, Young Avengers, & Ironheart. Obviously these are rumors for now, hopefully we will know more after this weekend's Comic Con panel.

Th-four? Th-4? Or maybe like a little kid would say: "For 4."

I guess what I'm saying is don't hire me to name movies.

• Haha 1

Plenty of cool Thor stories to do.  Hemsworth is going to be around for a while more, he signed a new contract.

23 hours ago, NickC said:

Makes me wonder what the Guardians Franchise is gonna do with Thor.  I thought they were getting away from Thor movies.   With Asgard gone, Odin gone, Loki gone, Thor fat and hanging out with Guardians, the Thor franchise doesn't seem in prime position for a sequel.  Unless it is a transitional movie, toward a female Thor.  And fat Odinson sticks with Guardians or something.

43 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

Makes me wonder what the Guardians Franchise is gonna do with Thor.  I thought they were getting away from Thor movies.   With Asgard gone, Odin gone, Loki gone, Thor fat and hanging out with Guardians, the Thor franchise doesn't seem in prime position for a sequel.  Unless it is a transitional movie, toward a female Thor.  And fat Odinson sticks with Guardians or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thor's not in Guardians 3, it be great if he was, but the script was finished before Hemsworth signed his extension so who knows.

I bet that’s the case too. Hopefully they address his absence in GotG 3. “Yeah, Thor had to go drop a few pounds to get back in shape. Quill, you could do with a bit of that.” At which point Peter gets all jealous and self-conscious. 

Yeah the GOTG3 script has been done for a long time, It would be cool if he had a cameo. There is plenty of time to add him in for something. Far from home added a few scenes a few weeks before opening,

There are many Thor stories left to tell. They have been good at reworking everything so far.

17 hours ago, JoeyN said:

There are many Thor stories left to tell. They have been good at reworking everything so far.

Obviously not as familiar as you are.  My concern is that they boxed themselves in a corner with Asgard being gone, Odin being dead, and Loki being dead.  What percentage of those "many" stories work given the above?  

Asgard got destroyed and the population moved to Broxton when J. Michael Straczynski was writing Thor back in 2007, so anything after that, basically. As I've mentioned a few times I was really hoping Marvel would do Journey Into Mystery with Kid Loki who got introduced a couple of years later, but now it looks like we're going to use the events of Endgame to get him back instead. BOO I say.

6 hours ago, foogledricks said:

Obviously not as familiar as you are.  My concern is that they boxed themselves in a corner with Asgard being gone, Odin being dead, and Loki being dead.  What percentage of those "many" stories work given the above?  

Ragnarok in the comics is a cycle of rebirth. One group of gods dies, then eventually a new group will be reborn.  The MCU films did not introduce a lot of Asgardian characters from the comics. There are other stories that have nothing to do with Asgard that they can do as well. 

The MCU panel is at 8:15 PM EST tonight. As I see news I will post it here, as I do not think they are streaming it live. 

• Like 2

Nov 6 2020 is eternals-Ill up this as cast happens

Salma Hayek as Ajak

Bryan Tyree Henry as Blastos, Lia McHugh as Sprite, Don Lee as Gilgamesh

Lauren Ridloff as Ikari

Angelina Jolie as Thena

Robb Stark is in it

20190721003400_462140.jpg