LCVG

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna try to book tickets despite my wife + kids being lukewarm on it after their irrational dislike of the first film, but I came into work to find out our office manager booked us a private sc

Well...... The outcome to this exchange now has the potential to be more interesting than the movie.   Joey?     

That’s the same combination as my luggage! 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

That looks interesting.

I have been highly skeptical of this movie. No idea what to expect. No history with the franchise. My closest guess was that this would be another iron fist, which is the worst modern marvel project by far. 

I'm still not sure about this. But that trailer looked ... Yeah, interesting. Didn't see any MCU tie-ins. I wonder if they'll save that for post credit.

On 4/20/2021 at 8:21 AM, Angry the Clown said:

Eternals will be similar in that respect too, no? 

I've actually been reading the Eternals Omnibus that Marvel released last year that has all the Kirby stuff, and a bunch of the other series through to around 2000 (but not the Gaiman one for some reason).  I was vaguely familiar with the idea, but I'm also really not sure how they're going to fit the Eternals into the MCU at this point.  I have to assume the answer to most of these questions now is "multiverse", because otherwise you'd have to assume that the race of immortals would have had some impact in the elimination of half the life in the universe (plus, if they stick to continuity, I think Thanos is supposed to be an Eternal).  Same deal with the X-Men or FF I suppose.  There's certainly a way to figure it out though, and I trust the writers to pull it off. 

Both Shang-Chi and Eternals are completely alien to me. I don't even know the tiniest little bit about either of them so that has my interest, and yes I'm certainly intrigued to see how it all fits into the big picture over time. Closest I've ever come to anything Eternals related is the fact they shot some of it where I take my morning walks so I got to see a little of that at the start of 2020. :)  The more they diverge into exploring stuff I don't know anything about and haven't yet seen explored in the movies before, and the weirder they get, the longer they'll retain my interest with all these films and TV shows. They're constantly attracting interesting people to star in all these things too which keeps me engaged. 

He's bigger there than he got during Eternals training (that was him last week and filming finished over a year ago). It's interesting hearing him talk about how addicted he got to the routine and how he's kept it going for his own personal interest. Most actors are glad to stop the strict regimes they're put on.

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

He's bigger there than he got during Eternals training (that was him last week and filming finished over a year ago). It's interesting hearing him talk about how addicted he got to the routine and how he's kept it going for his own personal interest. Most actors are glad to stop the strict regimes they're put on.

You know what he is in the Obi-Wan series starting shooting soon also. Forgot about that.

41 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

He is, yes, but I don't get the sense he's bulked up even more for that. His view since he changed his physique is "take me as I am" as he's totally into the new lifestyle the Eternals regime set him off on. 

yeah he has. I just looked back and the original place I saw the pic, which mentioned Eternals, and then mentioned Obi 

• 2 weeks later...