LCVG

Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 and Beyond Discussion

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna try to book tickets despite my wife + kids being lukewarm on it after their irrational dislike of the first film, but I came into work to find out our office manager booked us a private sc

Well...... The outcome to this exchange now has the potential to be more interesting than the movie.   Joey?     

That’s the same combination as my luggage! 

Posted Images

10 MCU films in the next 2 years, that's a nice lineup.

Black Widow - 7/9/2021

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 9/3/2021

Eternals - 11/5/2021

Spider-Man: No Way Home - 12/17/2021

Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness - 3/35/2022

Thor: Love and Thunder - 5/6/2022

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 7/8/2022

The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) - 11/11/2022

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - 2/17/2023

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 5/5/2023

6 hours ago, kelley said:

I’ve got a feeling not many billion dollar earners in that list. 

I feel like Marvel releases are like James Cameron movies in the sense that it's wisest not to bet against them. :) 

I'll say this much personally. My intention was really to leave the bulk of my consumption of the next "phase" to Disney+, but the pandemic has left me so eager to get back to the cinema that I'll basically take any excuse to go as often as possible this year once I'm vaccinated. Consequently I now expect to take myself to see all the MCU 2021 releases theatrically.  

On 5/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, kelley said:

I’ve got a feeling not many billion dollar earners in that list. 

Not all of them have to be, frankly.

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Black Panther 2

The Marvels

...are likely to be billion dollar earners. Yes, Captain Marvel broke 1 billion as did all of their predecessor films.

Thor Ragnarok, Guardians Vol. 2 both grossed well over 850 million. Their sequels will likely do as good if not better.

Dr. Strange and the previous Ant-Man over 600 million. See my statement above about the performance of their sequels.

Black Widow will have the toughest time due to the proximity of release and COVID and that's ashame but otherwise, all of those movies are well lined up to earn the Thor or Dr. Strange money. 

In so far as the new IP, like Daniel said - its a bad idea to bet against Marvel. If you had told me Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man would be 500+ million dollar grossing movies a few years ago, I would have laughed in your face.

Mind you, this all  heavily dependent on how well theaters recover from the pandemic.