LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Tyner

R.I.P. Gamers' Club Unlocked

...and also from CAG:

1526684569_1.jpg

No new subscriptions.  No renewals.  The 20% discount is no longer visible on the site, but it shows up in your cart.  Apparently it'll continue to work for subscribers until their subscriptions lapse. 

This is a huge disappointment.  That 20% discount is why I've bought games almost exclusively from Best Buy for the past few years (and feel dumb for not signing up sooner), and I'm sure Amazon's 20% preorder discount will soon vanish as well.

Mine's up in August. Can't say I'm too surprised. I expect Amazon's discount will quietly change soon too then. 

BB's reduced the floorspace for games in both my nearby stores, for what it's worth anecdotally. Market is shifting. Camp may know more but I think the margins on digital codes/currency are tiny. 

They never had this program here in Canada. Just the free Rewards points program, which I probably got about $100 in coupons from. They’re stopping that too. 

I just hope that the preorder discounts during E3 still continue through either BB and/or Amazon. Probably 90% of the games I’ve bought in the past 3 years has been through those discounts.