LCVG

What DVDs will you be buying on 12/30?

Angel P

Andromeda: Season 3 Vol. 2 (2001)

Belly of the Beast (2003) (Columbia/Tri-Star)

Beyond Re-Animator (2003) (Lion's Gate)

Cowboys and Angels (2000)

Duel to the Death (Fox)

Eastern Condors (1997) (Fox)

Final Cut (1998)

Heart of the Dragon (1985) (Fox)

Hell's Angels on Wheels (1967) (Image)

In The Line of Duty (Fox)

Last Game, The (2003) (Image)

Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood (2003)

Lone Wolf & Cub (Baby Cart to Hades) (AnimEigo)

Mulletville (2003)

My Knees were Jumping: Remembering the Kindertransports (1998)

My Lucky Stars (1985) (Fox)

Northfork (2003) (Paramount)

Order, The (2003) (Fox)

Pie in the Sky (1995)

Radio Bikini (1987)

S.W.A.T. (2003) (Columbia/Tri-Star)

Sex and the City: The Complete Fifth Season (3-DVD Set) (2003)

So Close (2002) (Columbia/Tri-Star)

Vicious (2003)

Virgin Report (Image)

For me: just S.W.A.T.

Northfork. I'm actually miffed it got a post-Christmas release to be honest, as it's a wee bit too soon after Christmas to be spending money on more DVDs I have no room to shelve (plus some cheap CDs in Amazon UKs sale have already suckered me in to spending money not even a week after Christmas). It's certainly the only one I want off of this weeks release list though.

Daniel

Originally posted by Orpheus@Dec 28 2003, 06:57 PM

I may have to pick up Lone Wold & Cub if anyone around here decides to stock it, otherwise nothing else for me, thankfully

If it's like the previous Lone Wolf and Cub releases, it'll be exclusively available on the Animeigo website for a few months before anyone else gets it.

Sadly, I was actually planning on buying the new Leprechaun movie, but the intensely negative reviews turned me off. As painful as it is to admit, I'm actually a fan of the series (particularly the brilliantly surreal fourth installment in space), but I didn't enjoy part five, ...In Tha Hood, at all, and hearing that this one is even more excruciatingly painful means no new DVD purchases for me this week.

I still have a bunch to catch up on -- the extras on the Kids in the Hall box, the last two flicks in the Alien Quadrilogy, Escape from New York, two more episodes of Firefly and all of the commentaries, and several video games that either haven't been played or have barely been touch. I guess I'll use this week and the New Year's holiday to try to get back to where I need to be.

Ah. To answer my own question, other sites on the net show SB LM to be either 'coming soon' in last October, or some other nonsense date; i.e. it has been rescheduled for 'some time in the future, when we hate you less'.

edit - ah. Even visiting the Columbia Superbit site has it listed as coming on the 7th of October. Bugger. Having ordered this for Caroline, making her give away the non-SB version to her parents because it was out any day now, I'm a dead man. Bye guys, it was nice knowing you...