LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Tetris Effect [PS4/PS VR] from Tetsuya Mizuguchi/Enhance - November 9th, 2018 Release Date

I've bee playing quite a bit of Tetris Effect lately. I finished Journey Mode (the game's main campaign) on Normal the other day and have been playing around with some of the Effects Modes. These are different variations of the main game with different challenges or objectives. Some of these include Marathon (clear 150 lines), Sprint (clear 40 lines as fast as you can), and All Clear (earn as many All Clears as you can before time runs out).

One of the modes I decided to give a try was Master Mode. The description simply reads, "Insanely fast Tetris. Not for the faint of heart." This is accurate. The Tetriminos don't really fall down the board but rather suddenly appear at the bottom You have to move and rotate them into position before they settle into place and the next one appears. To win this mode, you have to complete 300 lines. I managed to make roughly between 10-20 lines before the blocks reached the top.

To give you an idea of what it's like, here's a video of someone—presumably a Tetris master—completing it in about five and a half minutes:

Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would have assumed that someone just took a time lapse video of themselves playing Tetris and posted it online. It boggles my mind that anyone can play the game that fast. When it get to level 10 or above, I'm all like, "What the fuck am I supposed to do now?"

• Like 1

That’s interesting. I’ve played that mode a few times (terribly), but I don’t recall it showing you the next 4 pieces. That clearly is the secret to success, the ability to look that many pieces ahead to plan a good fit. 

I probably don't remember the 4-piece preview because my brain was not able to do anything useful with it. 

26 minutes ago, rustyjaw said:

I probably don't remember the 4-piece preview because my brain was not able to do anything useful with it. 

It's an option in the menu, I think.

Well, that got me to install the epic launcher again.  Wonder if there's a way to launch into that from Steam Big Picture (like I can with GOG stuff), or if I'll have to launch with the KB in the den?