LCVG

Forza Horizon 4 - Announced at Conference and coming in October

Romier S

SeriesX update details:

Q: How does Forza Horizon 4 leverage the power of Xbox Series X? What improvements have you made to the game’s textures, draw, framerate and resolution?  

A: Now optimized for the Xbox Series X, experience higher fidelity graphics and faster performance in Forza Horizon 4, similar to high-end gaming PC Ultra settings. Explore beautiful, historic Britain and drive hundreds of the world’s greatest cars in native 4K Ultra HD, now at 60fps. Take advantage of clearer visuals with increased shadow, reflection, and particle effects quality. Get behind the wheel faster than ever with Quick Resume and dramatically improved load times. The Series X update is a free download to all Forza Horizon 4 owners and Xbox Game Pass subscribers. 

Q: Is ray tracing coming to FH4? 
A: We are currently focused on delivering a quality Forza Horizon 4 experience optimized for the Xbox Series X. While we don’t have plans to bring ray tracing to Forza Horizon 4, we are always listening to community feedback on how to create the best player experience. 

Q: When will the Xbox Series X update for Forza Horizon 4 be available? 
A: Forza Horizon 4 optimized for Xbox Series X will be launching alongside Xbox Series X this holiday. 

Q: Will current Forza Horizon 4 players be able to transfer their save data to this new version? 
A: Yes, all your data from Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One will be transferred over to Forza Horizon 4 optimized for Xbox Series X.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360052207693-Forza-Horizon-4-Optimized-for-Xbox-Series-X

Just what I was hoping for. 

friday GIF

I must grab all the DLC as well as I never did previously. I've left myself with a lot of new content to enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I must grab all the DLC as well as I never did previously. I've left myself with a lot of new content to enjoy. 

I'm not sure what the situation is on the other side of the pond, but here in 'Merica, Microsoft is offering Forza Horizon 4 and its add-ons for a reduced price through Deals with Gold. You can get all the DLC for FH4 for $19.99. That includes both expansions, all car packs, and VIP. 

You can also get a bundle of Forza Horizon 3 and 4 and all of their add-on content for $59.49. That's a pretty damn good deal, if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, JFo said:

I'm not sure what the situation is on the other side of the pond, but here in 'Merica, Microsoft is offering Forza Horizon 4 and its add-ons for a reduced price through Deals with Gold. You can get all the DLC for FH4 for $19.99. That includes both expansions, all car packs, and VIP. 

I've had a ton of fun with the DLC. The Lego stuff is cute, but honestly the stormy island is a real nice layout to drive around, and that's what I've ended up playing more. With the ongoing seasonal events cycling in + out, plus the opt-in online sequences with unique rewards to earn, there's a lot to keep playing for. I think I've finally bought all the houses + got the achievement for 'ran every road' (bar one, thanks to them wising up on an undriven pixel being hard to spot on the map!). Have more money + cars than I can ever drive at this point. 

12 minutes ago, JFo said:

You can also get a bundle of Forza Horizon 3 and 4 and all of their add-on content for $59.49. That's a pretty damn good deal, if you ask me.

They are indeed on sale here, but without active Gold or Game Pass subs right now I can't really take advantage (I could maybe grab a £1 Gold trial, but money's tight this month to buy anything on sale really). I suspect the same offers will resurface in the end of year sale (hope so anyway).

The only thing I would worry about is when Forza Horizon 3 will reach its end of life. The first and second games had theirs in the falls of 2016 and 2018 respectively, which would put FH3's sometime in the next couple months if the same timeline holds.

21 minutes ago, JFo said:

The only thing I would worry about is when Forza Horizon 3 will reach its end of life. The first and second games had theirs in the falls of 2016 and 2018 respectively, which would put FH3's sometime in the next couple months if the same timeline holds.

MS has a strong track record of adding the Forza games to "Games With Gold" + heavily discounting their DLC etc right before their end of life for purchase.

It looks like it's usually 4 years after the initial launch. I got the Storm Island DLC etc for $5. 

8 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

What happens if you've bought a game like an earlier Forza instalment that's been delisted from the store, but you haven't got it downloaded onto your console's local storage. Are you out of luck at that point, or will it always be downloadable for you via your list of purchased games?

It will still be available for download/re-download, they just remove it from being listed as available to buy. Pregenerated codes for it still work too, for example. 

image.thumb.png.6ed6bd54dd59358b02f9e27a3d8f4249.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, JFo said:

And that time, apparently, is now. Everything Horizon 3 related appears to be on sale amidst reports that it is indeed being delisted. £26.76 for the Ultimate Edition & expansion pass in the UK. Sale prices are good for the next 48 days.

Sweeet... the expansion pass is on cheap.  I've been hoping to pick up Hot Wheels for my son, he likes the Lego expansion a bit in FH4, but I've heard the Hot Wheels one is more fun and I think he'll really dig it.  I'm sure I'll have a blast with it too.

Kinda funny both expansions are half the price of buying just the Hot Wheels one since they didn't put that on sale on its own.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:45 AM, JFo said:

Bah! I missed this deal. Any new ones?

2 hours ago, AlbertA said:

Bah! I missed this deal. Any new ones?

Well, they do have Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition on sale this week for $20.99 plus the Expansion Pass for $10.49. Total price is $31.48 plus tax.

Better hurry though. There are apparently only 47 days left on this offer, which probably means that’s when we can expect the game to reach its end of life.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...