LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Division 2 - Shown at the Microsoft Press Conference

World Tier 4 with an average gear score of 401.  

Love how the game changes things up when you do the missions and strongholds on the next tiers.

• Like 1

WT2 here now and right at 300 GS. And yes, the changing missions, random encounters, variations on the control points, etc are great - I’m really impressed with their endgame content and the dynamic changes each tier makes with the BT faction and everything. This game just absolutely nails the loot shooter and the Tom Clancy feel for me :)

The Specializations are pretty fun too and change up the feel of combat. I have been playing co-op and my friend went Demolisionist and I went Survivalist and the combos are so fun between them. We typically start an encounter with him firing the grenade launcher at the group followed by my incendiary crossbow bolt and have burned though 2-3 armored golds in a few secs that way. Awesome

• Like 3

I’m level 11 :D!

This game is so fun to pick at piecemeal. I am mostly soloing which is very challenging stuff though I just picked up the respawn HIVE which is a serious boon.

I’m starting to get a few more clothing items, which is naturally the most important piece of the puzzle ;).

• Like 3

Nice :) they just dropped the April content update today. This adds the new Basin Stronghold and some tweaks to weapons and skill requirements which is nice. Still playing daily and still loving it and especially the invaded missions - such a great way to do repeatable content and fun/challenging.

• Like 2

It is. I’m currently replaying the missions for the Hard Achievement before I move on to WT5. 

• Like 2

Nice! I got two more levels this morning playing in a group of 4 and then 3 doing main missions. It was fantastic, the game’s a blast in co-op.

• Like 3

Moving on to WT3 now and really happy with the changes in this last patch. Weapon mods are much more useful and skill mods are actually within my skill power so that’s good :) I like the interface tweaks too like the Damage/Armor/Skill rings and numbers, reconfigurations and the outcome gearscore, etc. All welcome improvements.

my only complaint is the bug affecting signature weapon ammo drops - that has complicated a lot of the challenging bounties and harder activities for me. Hope it’s fixed soon but, otherwise really liking this update and looking forward to the raid.

• Like 1

Just cleared to level 15 and yes my free credits immediately went to new clothes :P. I like that there’s a ton of gear that isn’t for purchase so it’s not like they’re being completely miserable - just more stingy than D1.

I think the testament to this game’s fun factor is that it says I’ve put 18 hours in and it feels more like three. They’ve just blown by. And it’s not like you do anything but shoot! Such a great game-reward loop.

Contamination zones are quite something as well. I love the downtime with exploration and light puzzling.

• Like 2

Thanks for helping me today, Angel!  Sorry I couldn't get back on later in the afternoon.  Someone was hogging the TV.

Hopefully I should be on again tomorrow morning, if you're available.

WT5 now, GS 465 and working my way up. I have 2 gear set pieces so far but, not the set I want :) Love this game and especially the Invaded missions - they are so fun and challenging in a good way. Just did the Bunker on Hard/Invaded and it was really difficult but, didn’t feel cheap (thankfully). My friend and I just needed to be careful and use strategies to work through the baddies: flanking the tougher guys, using suppression, using the environment, focusing on problem baddies, etc. Feels so rewarding in this game to beat these missions and the loot drop rotation is still fun. 

• Like 3

Spent most of the weekend helping Joel get up to WT5.  I’m currently running with 5/6 True Patriot gear set.  Just missing the gloves.  Also, have 4/6 Ongoing Directive gear set.  

Also, completed the 160 point Survivalist.  About half way on the sharpshooter.  

Started doing some Bounties.  Have completed some, been destroyed in others.  😕

• Like 2
  • Epic Post 1

I just hit 18, slowly picking away. I convinced my brother to pick this up so I’ve been helping him get up to speed most of the time.

• Like 1

Nice gear set Angel - do you get the Red/White/Blue perk with 5 out of 6 pieces? That seemed like a cool one. I’m enjoying bounties as well but, anything Challenging or harder is still too tough for me, will keep working on those...

It’s cool that all of you guys are doing co-op. This is one of those games that feels “perfectly” built for co-op and I always have a ton of fun playing with a friend or in a group. Even just freeroam can be a lot of fun. You’re all bastards for playing on PS4 instead of PC but, I forgive you :)

1 hour ago, Angel P said:

Btw, I’m on Xbox so... 😏

Thats fine, I hate ALL of you not on PC :)

• Haha 1

Level 26, I’m over leveled for areas I’ve barely touched. I spent so much time early on doing requests for back up and doing the same missions over again, that I’m just now really starting to clear areas. I believe I have half of the main missions complete now.

• Like 1

I just learned that there are a pile of backpack charms hidden in main missions, so now I have to go back to those for precious cosmetics :D

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Angel P said:

Spent most of the weekend helping Joel get up to WT5.  I’m currently running with 5/6 True Patriot gear set.  Just missing the gloves.  Also, have 4/6 Ongoing Directive gear set.  

Also, completed the 160 point Survivalist.  About half way on the sharpshooter.  

Started doing some Bounties.  Have completed some, been destroyed in others.  😕

Yep!  Big props to you, your nephew, and your brother/brother-in-law(?) for all the help you gave me.  Been having a blast in the endgame, and still trying to figure things out.  I have 3 or 4 of the True Patriot set and 2 of the Ongone Something-or-Other Set.  :D

Still need to figure out what kind of build I want to do, and then how to achieve it.  

• Like 1

He’s my brother. :)

Was working on bounties yesterday (got 3 done) when my brother and nephew jumped on to farm some parts to craft an exotic weapon. They were already 2/3 parts there so I joined, only to find out I already had 3/4 parts for the D50 Liberty Desert Eagle exotic pistol. After they logged off, decided to try my hand at the Hard mission that would drop the blueprint and final piece. That damn thing took me over an hour.  Died a couple of times and almost called for backup but I pushed forward and managed it.  😳

C940B4B3-DE77-4D3B-9FAC-4D7DDE49F336.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Epic Post 1

It’s quite powerful but still just a handgun. From reading online, the “chatterbox” SMG is the exotic weapon to go for. 

Will be going for that today with help from my brother and nephew. :)

505GS now but, man are the gearset drops rare... Still only 3 pieces in total for me and 2 were holsters so stuck on the 2 piece bonus ability. Also, only 4/10 for the Hardwired components for that project and not a single gearset piece in that set so far 😕 even after 3 Hard Invaded missions. Any specific activities that should be better for gearset drops?

Nice!  I recalibrated all my gear and brought mine up to 504GS.  Agree, the gear set drops are getting to be extremely rare. After getting necessary Hyena keys, I went looking for the loot crates towards the Chatterbox exotic weapons. One of which was in the Jefferson Trade mission.  Didn’t get the needed part from the crate but the boss dropped a True Patriot gear (on Normal difficulty). Unfortunately, I already had a few of those so I’m still running with 5/6. Missing only the gloves.  

Don't know any specific activities to help but I’m surprised you didn’t get any during your Hard Invaded missions. 

• Like 1