LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Division 2 - Shown at the Microsoft Press Conference

I was surprised too but, some missions (on the projects list) do have a drop as a mission reward so may try grinding through those specifically 

Just did a run that didn’t provide the missing Chatterbox piece but I did score my missing True Patriot glove. 

• Like 3

So the new raid is out now and it’s tough as hell. It’s cool, a great setting (the airport) and a good challenge but, we were not able to finish it. I’ve done 3 runs so far but, we only get a little further than the tarmac fight and the team wipes. Anyone else gotten further in? 

In in other news, they rebalanced the gearscores and reconfigurations so they are more “normalized” now. It’s not bad and I still feel my character does good damage, etc so no real change to gameplay but, it’s weird going from 512 to 498 and it does bother me a bit just on principle 😕

I'm kind of disappionted there's no matchmaking on the Raid.  It's the same thing that killed Destiny for me.

I'm not sure how trying to catch on with some Rando's in the LFG channel is any different than automated matchmaking, but maybe that's just me.  :)

I personally would love a “guided game” mode for the raid. I think it would be really cool to be able to walk through it with more experienced players. Regardless, yes - there should be a matchmaking option for the raid for any in the LFG channel.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, Magness said:

I created an LCVG clan for Division 2 - let me know if you want an invite. Not sure clans are shared across platforms so it’s likely PC only but, it’s setup if you want to join :)

So can I and a buddy get an invite to the clan. We both picked this up on PC about a week ago. I’m about 18 and he is like 26. My uplay is Hi_I_Eat_People. His is Harnicker. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Definitely - will send it out today :) well finally have 4 people and can do the clan weekly’s, vendor, etc so yay

edit: Added 

We’ve both made it to 30. He’s over 280, I’m just under. We’ve also moved the clan level up to 5. It was 1 when we joined. We’ve been playing a lot and figured there might be a bonus since we mostly play together. 

Very cool :) glad to have you guys in the clan now. I play almost daily still but couldn’t level up the clan with only 2 members so this is great (woot). I checked the clan stash and we can’t leave gear for each other but, if we’re ever on at the same time I’ll help gear you up (at least some pieces) as best I can. 

• Like 1

There is a clan stash box available now.  Looks like that's the first one the clan has got.  I'm trying to gear up on Petrov and Douglas and Holdings for gear.  My buddy is trying to get Airaldi and Fenris.  We finished tonight him at 303 and me at 299 so we are getting there slowly. 

Should we even be trying for sets of gear right now or just stick to taking whatever is highest at the time?  I know I have a bunch of stuff in inventory right now that would up my level, but I'd lose all my bonuses.

Woot on the clan cache :) I did the clan bounties for the week before Thursday and crafted more items this past week than I ever have in Division 2 heh. It’s fun though being able to utilize the clan stuff since we never could before so yay.

As far as gear - Use whatever items and weapons will raise your gear score right now. Once you reach WT5 you can start focusing on gear sets and specific weapons or bonuses, synergies with your specialization, etc but, for now I would say just get your gear score up so that loot drops (boxes, bosses, etc) will drop higher gear score items for you and you’ll move up WTs faster. 

• Like 1

Clan level is up to 7 now, which means we get 10 items to choose from the vendor now.  My friend and I are just shy of 400 now by not caring what type of gear we get and just equipping whatever is best.  We are close to heading into WT4.  The mission at space headquarters bugged out and the laptop was not available to move the last satellite.  So we had to quit.  We called it for the day to.  As soon as we can get that mission finished we'll be able to get the stronghold and move up a tier.  

• Like 1

Nice one man - you guys will be on WT5 in no time. We’ve also got the Ep 1 content coming at the end of the month so you timed this perfectly. By the time you guys hit WT5 and finish your first few runs through the strongholds and Invaded missions and stuff and are ready to try the raid - you’ll have all the new Episode 1 stuff to do as well :) 

Really wish this had cross-play. I’m on Xbox and loving it, but it would put it over the top to clan up with y’all.

• Like 3

Agreed.

Clan level is now 8.  We both hit WT5 last night.  I'm at 454 and he's at 458.  He plays a bit more than I do.  So last night I log in at a 406, he hits me with a bunch of random gear, and almost instantly I get up to the mid-440's.  And it's so funny because he uses rifles and a. rifles and I am primarily LMG.  He always gets LMG's, and he always give them to me.  We hit a couple of random skirmishes and I got up to the high 440's so we took on the stronghold and knocked it out.  We had to google what exactly we were supposed to destroy on the rocket launchers because it wasn't obvious.  

So now we just need to max out our gear and crafting tables and start working on our gear sets.  Got some green gear last night, which surprised us both as we hadn't seen anything green at all yet.  Neither of us equipped it yet.  I have not gone into the Dark Zone at all so far.  

Awesome man :)  You guys have been kicking ass so, Thanks 

Now that you guys are WT5 you should be hitting 500 gearscore soon and can start putting together your gear and weapon sets. The green gear are the “Gear Sets” - the others (gold, purple, whatever) are “Brand Sets”. The gear sets are some of the best items in the game but, their usefulness can vary greatly based on the gear you’re using and the specialization you have selected. There are currently 3 gear sets - Ongoing Directive, True Patriot and Hard Wired with OD and TP dropping in missions, from bosses, etc while HW are crafted through a special project you’ll see in your list. There are guides for the different sets if you want to get into the details but in general: OD is good for the Survivalist or Marksman (DOTs, Burning, etc), TP is good for the Demolitonist or Gunner (the new one) (Buffs/Debuffs + armor penetration/bonuses) and HW is good for any spec that relies on skills (lots of skill and power buffs). 

From what I’ve found personally, gearset items won’t always be the best for any given slot but if you have a set with all 6 pieces the bonuses really help.

• Like 1

You guys are really moving along - congrats. I wish I was on while you guys were playing but, it’s pretty rare for me to get game time at night during the week. 

500. Boom. 

My buddy was jealous because he was ahead of me most of the time. But I got there first and I think it was off a piece he gave me. He’s only at 499. Sucker. 

• Like 2