LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Division 2 - Shown at the Microsoft Press Conference

I was on playing earlier but have to drop now (errands and stuff). I should be back on tomorrow around 3 UK time again though if you guys want to try the raid, just let me know. If you want to use Discord or something that’s fine with me, just let me know the server (assuming not the LCVG discord). 

I think he goes and lets guys beat on him Saturday mornings for fun.  Tomorrow morning, for us, might work a bit better.  And today isn't turning out for me how I expected.  Son had a friend over and that kid normally stays until dinner, and my wife was going to a bridal shower, which would have made me free all afternoon.  Turns out the kid is leaving about the same time my wife is going to the shower now and my son will probably want to do something.  Oh well. 

He and I will be on later today, maybe.  But I can probably get him on by 11 AM EST tomorrow and we can see how the group gels.  I think I sent you an invite to our discord.  Davwin?

Also also wik: I forgot my Mom is coming tomorrow. While she probably won’t be here at 11, fair chance she’s here by 12. Or thereabouts. Will limit the time we have. 

• Like 1

It was cool jumping on and playing for a few today - sucks that we couldn’t play longer (it took forever to get through the raid que) but, we can block out sometime another weekend or something and go through it :) 

We played through some of the raid last night.  We made it through pretty quickly until we got to Lucy and Benny and then the team would get wiped out, repeatedly.  After we quit out Harnicker(Keith) found a video showing what to do.  Seeing it doesn't look so bad and makes sense why we kept failing.  But we quit after that anyhow and got a wee bit tipsy playing Rocket League until 4:30 this morning.  Then I saw the story of the shooting in Dayton, 9 dead, about 10 miles from where I live.  So I was up a bit after that snacking and reading about it.  My wife actually had frequented that bar back in her bar days way back.

Damn, that sucks to hear the Ohio attack was that close and a place you guys knew 😕 

In lighter news, I’m glad you guys tried it out and yes - the raid is pretty cool and not too rough on Discovery mode. There are a lot of game mechanics that are different for the bosses which makes it unique (one of the reasons it’s so fun). Lucy/Benny are unique in that your skills are pretty useless and if everyone doesn’t stay in cover when the alarm sounds and they do that spray attack you’ll be rezzing half the group. I’ve tried a few different builds when going through it now and pretty much any weapon combo can work in the raid but, i haven’t found a skill set yet that’s more useful than the revive hive and a healing drone or foam.

Finished the 3rd investigation section in the new expedition and the reward at the chapel is a new exotic so that was cool. I’ve also picked up some upgraded gear over the last few days and have my combined armor/health over 350k which is great and means I should be raid ready for Normal mode now 😬 looking forward to trying it but, LFG for normal mode looks a lot harder (using LFG Reddit). 

• Like 1

Nice on the exotic.  I had Merciless drop for something we did a while back and it's been my secondary for a while now.  It's a devastating weapon.  It's pretty much my oh shit weapon when I run dry on the Stoner.

Merciless is great but apparently Diamondback (the new one) is an elite killer which is why everyone is in love with it atm. I haven’t used it at all yet but, it’s damage is very high for a rifle (low mag though) with bonuses for damage to elites. I looked at a vid yesterday and someone with a good roll on both stats downed some heavies in 2 shots. Was pretty cool to see but, don't think my drop was all that good :)

Played for a bit running around collecting materials I needed. Ever since I started re-spec-ing equipment I can never have enough electronics or ceramics, I’m always low. But I’ve got my armor/health up pretty good. Like 262k armor and 96k health. 

I also did the Dark Zone East recon. Not real excited about pvp. 

So TU6, Episode 3 is out now and it’s really good overall but, I haven’t played the new Pentagon missions yet. They also added a new Specialization for the Technician and he has a powerful rocket launcher but it’s a bitch to aim and fire. It’s fun but, tough to use in the middle of a fight. They made big changes to gear sets which is good and bad since some are just not that useful anymore (like OD) while others (like HW) that I never touched are fantastic now. The other major changes are to loot drops and recalibration. Loot drops now include all gear sets which is great - there are just a few pieces of certain sets that are locked to the raid but all other pieces can drop from just about anything now. And recalibration was made much better since you can now change out the class of 1 stat as well as the type ie: you can now change a red, Weapon Damage attribute to a blue, armor stat. This is great and allows you to rebalance a gear piece to be much more usable/balanced now and all the material costs were reduced so good all around. 

They also finally fixed the DX12 bug and I haven’t had a crash or audio drop since the patch which is good (needed it). It’s a great update overall IMO but, some nerfs like DTE and other stats seem a little harsh so I hope they continue to balance things out a little more with incremental updates. Really good though - no complaints from me and looking forward to trying out the Pentagon next then the new raid (next month I think) :)

• Like 1