LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

The Division 2 - Shown at the Microsoft Press Conference

True - I’m having to redo my build completely but, not necessarily a bad thing. I would be doing so anyway with the expansion and lvl40 gear so not a biggie for me (at least not yet). 

I’ve finished the storyline for WoNY now and I’ve messed with creating and recall several times now and I would say at this point all are welcome changes. The crafting isn’t very different but, there are several new sets and pieces to craft and the sets themselves are Way more distinct now. I wasn’t sure I liked it at first but, having played it for a solid week now it’s really grown on me. Before, you worked towards 1 of 3 or so specific sets so all skill builds, all dips build and all armor builds  were pretty similar. Now though these can be quite different and unique per player while still being a great purpose-built character build. The set bonuses are simpler but, do seem to be more powerful and lead to more interesting synergies like skill builds that focus on fire damage, dps builds that focus on marksman rifles or an armor build that focuses on nesting and stuff like that. 

the new season starts today so that should be an interesting setup too. This game and Destiny 2 were already a lot alike before but, after WoNY they seem even more like the same game, with different settings. And not in a bad way - a really solid gameplay loop with modifiers to tweak the gameplay how you like and a lot of customization options, etc. 1 is just “spacey” and 1 is “miltary” :)

WoNY got me back into Div 2.  Just got into the campaign the other day and haven not progressed very far, yet. It had been 6 months since I'd last logged in, so all the changes to gear are confusing me.  lol

• Like 1

Have fun with it :) and focus on the New York content first I would say. Once you complete that, a lot of new activities and stuff will be unlocked and you can freely jump between NY and DC. I thought the storyline was good too FWIW

• Like 1

I’ve completed the 1st Seasonal Manhunt and it was pretty good and unlocks another skill variation. I’m also slowly working my build and gear up and it’s actually fun now which is a massive improvement. I’m using a HW Skill Build with an AR primary and MR secondary and all talents and mods geared for skill damage. It works pretty well and I don’t even have good alt pieces yet to complement the HW set so should get better. With this build I can do Challenege level stuff without too many problems but, you definitely have to play tactically, not throw and go. I also setup a few other loadouts with 1 focused on weapon damage and 1 on DoT’s and they Work, play and feel very different which is a good improvement. This one really feels like a new game now and it’s a lot of fun so very pleased with the changes they made. 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:48 PM, Magness said:

I’ve completed the 1st Seasonal Manhunt and it was pretty good and unlocks another skill variation. I’m also slowly working my build and gear up and it’s actually fun now which is a massive improvement. I’m using a HW Skill Build with an AR primary and MR secondary and all talents and mods geared for skill damage. It works pretty well and I don’t even have good alt pieces yet to complement the HW set so should get better. With this build I can do Challenege level stuff without too many problems but, you definitely have to play tactically, not throw and go. I also setup a few other loadouts with 1 focused on weapon damage and 1 on DoT’s and they Work, play and feel very different which is a good improvement. This one really feels like a new game now and it’s a lot of fun so very pleased with the changes they made. 

I think I understood about half of that. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, not trying to sound like a completely entitled prick, what the actual fuck is Ubi doing charging for the what is basically the first dlc for the game. I admittedly got the Gold version on sale, but there has been no real add on content for the game yet. Certainly nothing in my mind at least to justify the extra cost. Then we log back in this weekend and it shows us, hey NY is $30. Yeah, I’ll pick it up, when it goes on sale for next to nothing. 

I really liked the return to NY, the story development and the new content but, it’s also over very quickly. It’s fun but, absolutely not worth more than £10 😕 

Well I’m not rolling around town with an LMG yet, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Haha 2