LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Halo Infinite - Announced for release Holiday 2020 alongside Project Scarlett

Indeed. Got my X late 2018 and had it for around six months. Really weird that I missed ODST in which case.

Again, I shall make up for it soon enough. :) 

Sorry for the confusion; apparently it was originally a preorder bonus on the original game, but by the time I got mine, around the same time as Daniel, you had to buy it as DLC for something like £5ish. I know, because I got my MCC as a second hand disc when I got the console. Either Game Pass added the whole thing, or they just made that DLC free again, I'm not sure which, but certainly the game had it in but you couldn't play it as standard.

5 minutes ago, iainl said:

Sorry for the confusion; apparently it was originally a preorder bonus on the original game, but by the time I got mine, around the same time as Daniel, you had to buy it as DLC for something like £5ish. I know, because I got my MCC as a second hand disc when I got the console. Either Game Pass added the whole thing, or they just made that DLC free again, I'm not sure which, but certainly the game had it in but you couldn't play it as standard.

Daniel would have had if through Gamepass and I’m almost positive Gamepass included the full package. You’re right through that normally it would have been a $5 purchase. Initially it was given away as an apology for the garbage state of the MCC at launch.

• Like 1

I definitely have no memory of it being in the MCC menu, but I did want to rush to focus on 4 and 5 so may have glossed over it.

It wasn’t added to Gamepass MCC last year when it got the X patch was it? I parted with my X early spring of last year.

14 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

It wasn’t added to Gamepass MCC last year when it got the X patch was it? I parted with my X early spring of last year.

ODST was added to MCC in 2015. It’s a separate download from the main package, which just includes Halos 1-4. Same for Reach.

I see. Reach definitely came after I parted ways with the X. I'm keen to replay that too.

OK so after I finish Infinite I will definitely make a point to indulge in a big Halo-fest over several months sometime in the future (maybe next summer). Perhaps we could make a group thing of it and revisit each game at around the same time, and maybe even schedule co-op where possible (much of my fondness for 3 is thanks to my memories of the co-op play throughs with some of you. Fun times). 

....unless Infinite sours us for good on the whole franchise. 

How did you not play ODST when it came out? We played the Halo  3 campaign together, I was sure we played some of ODST campaign also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoeyN said:

How did you not play ODST when it came out? We played the Halo  3 campaign together, I was sure we played some of ODST campaign also.

I definitely never owned ODST. I don’t know why. I probably just felt like a break from Halo, and then Reach won my interest back. 

I remember not getting ODST when it came out. I eventually bought it the following here when Reach came out. I bought both games at the same time and played both games back-to-back. Good times.