Halo Infinite [Xbox/PC]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😎

I've got my lawsuit ready if this game does in fact turn out to be finite.       Carlos.

Halo 4 was highly dependent on external media for its story. It's the Star Wars syndrome where folks are like "But in this Guide To X book it says this character was actually married to" and folks if

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Romier S said:

On the music front @Angry the Clown...

I'll take it. Coker's really one to watch.

That said, it gives me a moment's pause for thought that Infinite's development may have shifted radically since its 2018 debut trailer. Kazuma Jinnouchi scored that trailer, and a verified 343 dev confirmed on Reddit a couple of years ago that that Jinnouchi, while now freelance, had been working on on the game ("Kaz did awesome work on the Halo Infinite score and is still here as composer at 343"). 

Also, Creative Director Tim Longo left 343 last year. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-16-tim-longo-departs-343-industries

At the same time Mary Olson was also shifted from her executive producer role to the campaign team as lead producer (as noted in the GI.biz article), but that didn't last long as two months later she ultimately left the company as well.

Having slept on it, that’s a good trailer for a new Halo game. Story looks OK, gameplay looks great fun and nails “Halo” as a thing to do.

Its just that it’s a really bad trailer as an advert for spending £500 on a new console. 

• Like 1

This is nit pick, but the grappling hook seems off.  You know how in God of War, when the Ax returns back to you it just "feels" good. The sound, the camera shake, the speed, the acceleration and deceleration ... In Gears when they slam their body against a wall, it feels cool. In Doom friggin everything "feels" and sounds amazing. Visceral. 

The grappling hook in Halo doesn't seem to have weight to it. Or something.

So if Halo Infinite is designed to be the last Halo game, any bets on whether the MCC games get folded into it somehow?  One of the ships has a Mission Archive appear on it that you can visit and launch play the old campaigns from within infinite.  Could also pull in the MP stuff from MCC and allow the infinite MP to use older maps/rules/physics, like you could in the collection?  I don't think it'll happen anytime soon, but given that they're porting all the Halo games to PC, it might be a sign that it'd be possible. 

54 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Domino’s is the last place that needs to be needling anybody about quality.

If it were just Domino's throwing shade at another pizza competitor (which is still laughable), then fair enough but this is just such a seemingly random insult at something that has nothing to do with your industry. The person who handles the Domino's twitter feed is a Sony console warrior/fanboy is the only explanation I can come up.

Actually, Mark Cerny hacked the Domino's twitter account.

:cerny:

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Romier S said:

The person who handles the Domino's twitter feed is a Sony console warrior/fanboy is the only explanation I can come up.

That or Sony UK have a big PS5/Domino's promo tie-in in the works for the holidays. :Cruise:

• Interesting 1

I see Dominos know as much about the complexities of AAA console game development as they do about making good pizza, then. Still, I guess it’s not like they’re in a position to lose my money anyway. 

32 minutes ago, Romier S said:

If it were just Domino's throwing shade at another pizza competitor (which is still laughable), then fair enough but this is just such a seemingly random insult at something that has nothing to do with your industry. The person who handles the Domino's twitter feed is a Sony console warrior/fanboy is the only explanation I can come up.

Actually, Mark Cerny hacked the Domino's twitter account.

:cerny:

I was going to say the Cerny would probably come up with a better joke than that.... but then I had trouble imagining what a Mark Cerny joke would be. 

Just now, Graeme said:

I was going to say the Cerny would probably come up with a better joke than that.... but then I had trouble imagining what a Mark Cerny joke would be. 

I've always assumed he was on the spectrum. Some spectrum. Any spectrum. Except not the funny spectrum.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

The dude made Knack. That game wasn’t enough of a joke for you?

• Haha 3