LCVG
Romier S

The Last of Us II - 2 Discs, Releasing June 19th, 2020

By the way, an ex-Naughty Dog employee leaked LARGE portions of the game and its story yesterday over a payment dispute. Be wary as HUGE spoilers are making their way around the internet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

And Ghost of Tsushima is set for release on July 17 as well. Yay!

Between these two games, this will be the Summer of PS4 for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Romier S said:

By the way, an ex-Naughty Dog employee leaked LARGE portions of the game and its story yesterday over a payment dispute. Be wary as HUGE spoilers are making their way around the internet.

yeah i saw some pop up in a rss feed this morning, and deleted before i caught anything. I haven’t even beat the first and don't want to be spoiled. Thats a lawsuit waiting to happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Uh, without knowing the details of the dispute, my first impression: dick move.

1 hour ago, foogledricks said:

Uh, without knowing the details of the dispute, my first impression: dick move.

It's a no win for all involved. It illustrates some of the issues Naughty Dog have been having given the crunch stories and now with a payment dispute from an employee so you can fundamentally understand where said employee would be frustrated. Though going about it the way they did pretty much black lists them in the industry moving forward I'd imagine. Not sure what was to be gained there other than a fleeting feeling of vindictiveness.

I have a backlog of video games about 10 years long. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Romier S said:

Muting as much as I can on Twitter. It’ll be years before I get to play the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JFo said:

Here’s is how you resolve this: Put every other game in the world aside and only play The Last of Us from now on until you reach the end.

Done!

What this man said. Priorities my friend.

• Like 1

Even I finished the game.  And I've probably got the worst track record of anyone here. I never even finished Halo 4 or 5, and but I finished TLoU.   It's remarkable.  

Carlos.

• Like 3

I never finished halo 4 or played 5😉. Or finished Gears 5. Only game I recently binged was Outer Worlds.

I'm not going to be seeking it out, but I'd be interested in reading more about the contract dispute if anyone sees any spoiler free articles on that.

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

I never finished halo 4 or played 5😉. Or finished Gears 5. Only game I recently binged was Outer Worlds.

None of those games are remotely worth putting TLOU aside for. I’ve beaten them all and can say that confidently.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Romier S said:

None of those games are remotely worth putting TLOU aside for. I’ve beaten them all and can say that confidently.

There are only a small handful of games that I’ve ever replayed.  LOU is one of them along with Super Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Doom 2016, Halo 1, and a few others.

The Dead Space games are the only games I’ve played 3 times each for the achievements on the 360 and will probably do the same on the ps3 at some point but TLoU is the only game I’ve played 5+ times and I don’t skip the cutscenes with every play through.  This game is THAT good!

• Like 1

And like magic, The Last of Us Part II has reappeared in the PSN Store. It’s also reappeared on my Wish List. Thanks, Sony! Now I won’t forget to buy this game I’ve been eagerly awaiting for for over three years!

I’ve beaten the original at least 12 times at this point and it remains as poignant as it was the first time I experienced it. It still hits you in the feels at all the right points.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Romier S said:

It still hits you in the feels at all the right points.

And there are a number of these points.  So good.

It appears the leak did not come from an ex-ND employee or anyone associated with Sony...

Druckmann retweeted the article.

• Like 1

Is there an easy/story mode on Part I? I would say it’s so I can blow thru it for Part II, but really I just suck at games anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kelley said:

Is there an easy/story mode on Part I? I would say it’s so I can blow thru it for Part II, but really I just suck at games anymore. 

There is! Do it for sure. 

• Like 2