LCVG
Romier S

The Last of Us II - 2 Discs, Releasing June 19th, 2020

So freak'n hyped for this game. Watching my 11 year old daughter play the first one on easy right now. She hands the controller whenever the tension is too much. Ironically she's more comfortable in the action sequences, but when it is being all creepy and she doesn't know what's about to happen, she hands me the controller. Seriously, if she had a heart condition, this would be child abuse.

You asshole, thanks for ruining the Elle-finally-Meets-Joel moment in LOU2.  

BTW, speaking of Next-Gen.  With all the chatter about current-gen games rolling into next-gen games, will the PS4 version of LOU2 "become" the PS5 version? That's what Microsoft is doing for their games, and that's what EA said all of their games will do on the PS5 and Xbox. 

On the one hand, they can bypass this by calling the PS5 version the "special edition" which is "different" and therefore not the same game. That's what the pharmaceutical industry and publishing industry does with their products to pretend they are new products that they can charge full price for.

But I have to say, I play LOU on my PS4, not on my PS3. And part of me wants to experience it on the PS5, and it will be a little annoying to have to buy it twice. I would feel very grateful if Sony didn't ask me to do that. And frankly, I don't think I would double-dip, I would just be angry that I was being asked to. I might even use it as an excuse to have LOU2 be my last Sony game and get an Xbox Series X. So much in the air for next-gen.

8 hours ago, Romier S said:

I mean....next gen is here.

ghCbCPN.gif

3 hours ago, foogledricks said:

You asshole, thanks for ruining the Elle-finally-Meets-Joel moment in LOU2.  

That’s what you get for saying Halloween 2 was better than the first!

Also, PS4 games are backwards compatible on PS5 and some games will run on the PS5’s boost mode. I would be dumbstruck if this game were not one of those titles which could mean increased resolution/framerates.

As to whether anything more substantial comes (let’s say a fully ray traced version of the game) and as to how that gets released? Who knows. I’d also prefer to see that done as a patch ala the X’s backwards compatibility but we’ll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Does anyone else constantly confuse "The Last of Us" with "This is Us?"

Keith: Do you want to watch an episode of "The Last of Us"

Keith's Angry Wife: What the fuck are you talking about?

Keith: OK... I'd rather play "This is Us" anyway I was just trying to be a good husband.

• Haha 2

My hype level for this game is beyond control. I can admit that to myself while knowing I need to get it under control or the game will face an impossible hill to climb to meet those expectations.

• Like 1

I'm playing through Resident Evil 2 right now, and that game and Horizon make my system sound like a jet engine. I'm pretty sure playing this game will make my PS4 fly across the room.

3 hours ago, Dimness said:

I'm playing through Resident Evil 2 right now, and that game and Horizon make my system sound like a jet engine. I'm pretty sure playing this game will make my PS4 fly across the room.

You may want to just replace the stock thermal paste - this really helped my PS4 Pro

• Like 1

I started the first one finally. I’m at the town trying to get the car. I’m not sure what I think of it yet, so far it’s not grabbing me. 

2 hours ago, kelley said:

I started the first one finally. I’m at the town trying to get the car. I’m not sure what I think of it yet, so far it’s not grabbing me. 

The town is the first “open” environment the game presents and is where the game starts to ramp up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foogledricks said:

This game is coming too soon.

You shut your whore mouth!

• Haha 2
  • Bravo 1

Watching it now. I really hope they balance the size of the world with worthwhile exploration. I don't want this series to go open world but the larger hub areas in the original were just about perfect. A size increase is fine as long as its not too overwhelming.

More games need to be in the pacific northwest man.

23 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

That girl was playing Hotline Miami on the Vita 😁

She totally was! It's hard not to recognize "Hydrogen".

She also totally got Hotline Miami'd by Ellie to boot.:cerny:

Ha...today was a good day.

• Like 1