LCVG

Ghost of Tsushima (PS4/PS5) - Directors Cut Announced and Includes new Ikishima Island expansion and PS5 features

Romier S

Well...

Spoiler

It wasn't that I couldn't find it in me to do it, simply that I couldn't see why he deserved it. He did nothing heinous enough to warrant death. He didn't come out at the end and say "oh by the way, it was me who killed your daddy" or anything like that, so, as I saw it, letting Shimura live was recompense for him punishing Jin and allowing his zealotry for the Samurai code to come before his only living flesh and blood.

Not granting Shimura a warrior's death is something that should haunt him for the rest of his days.... for I am THE GHOST OF TSUSHIMA!

Spoiler

Scooby Doo Halloween GIF

*roll credits*

If I ever play the Director's Cut I might make the exact same choice again just to piss you off. :) 

So

you were petty enough to exact revenge on your surrogate father by having him live a life of dishonor rather than granting him an honorable warriors death? I mean stripping the man of his honor is a fate worse than death to a Samurai which is exactly why I chose to kill him.

You people are awful!

None of this pisses me off if that wasn't obvious enough lol. It's all in jest and I enjoy the ribbing. Its fun to see the divide on how we all viewed the available endings. Sucker Punch have said they apparently consider the "spare him" option the canonical one. So even they are fools with no redeeming qualities other than making pretty good games.:D

55 minutes ago, Romier S said:

You people are awful!

Oh I did it knowing full well it was the cruelest choice. :) 

Fear the Ghost!

House Ghost GIF

Spoiler

I'm actually curious to see how they might handle things in an inevitable sequel and whether your choice would carry over if they were to feature or even just reference Shimura again, though that would rely on them continuing Jin's story of course and I'm not entirely sure that they wouldn't opt for an entirely new protagonist next time since one would assume it'd take place on an entirely different island.

Tomoe would seem an obvious choice to lead an entirely new game if they wanted to retain some connective tissue with the first instalment. That was certainly my favourite of the side quests.

I realised I never actually commented on the game's visuals and I'd be a fool not to as it's one of the prettiest depictions of scenery and wildlife I've ever seen in one of these kind of games. I'm glad I didn't rush to immediately play in black and white mode as the vibrancy of the vegetation is genuinely quite breathtaking at times. The sun hitting through the particularly dense areas of forest is incredibly striking too. There was such an engaging sense of warmth and peacefulness to so much of the map that it made the move to the snow covered regions feel doubly cold and uninviting (so much so that I genuinely couldn't wait to get away from them).

I also loved how they used natural elements to guide you to your destination (wind, smoke, fire, the foxes...etc). It's a game that feels so deeply in touch with its environment and I though that was wonderful.

I absolutely could have kept on playing, finishing up all the additional trophies and minor side tales that I ignored as I enjoyed roaming the environment so much, but again I wanted to leave myself more new things to do if I ever get round to getting the Director's Cut, which I suspect I will in a year or two (it's great to know that saves will carry over). Interestingly, with so much crossover from cinematic depictions of Samurai culture spilling into embellished depictions of America's old west in movies, the game has left me more eager to finally play Red Dead Redemption 2 than I've felt in a while as the original RDR had a similar sense of putting me slap bang in the middle of an environment I just loved roaming around. I'll have to give some thought about when I might pick that up.

7 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Interestingly, with so much crossover from cinematic depictions of Samurai culture spilling into embellished depictions of America's old west in movies, the game has left me more eager to finally play Red Dead Redemption 2 than I've felt in a while as the original RDR had a similar sense of putting me slap bang in the middle of an environment I just loved roaming around. I'll have to give some thought about when I might pick that up.

I remember thinking that I really wanted Sucker Punch to make a Western 😂