LCVG

Ghost of Tsushima - Releases July 17th, 2020

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost like my post went into a Lovecraftian hole in space along with all of the details of the patch that I posted. Scroll up, Jeff.

Did this get posted? Good interview by Criterion with a couple of devs on the cinematic influences on the game.  https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/7102-all-in-the-game-an-interactive-homage-to-

I don't usually mess around with photo modes in games... but this game is too pretty!      

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

It's nice to have a game in an environment we don't often get to run around in, and for there to (seemingly) be no fantastical elements involved. I'd really love a Japanese language track for something like this, but it seems unlikely.

Its happening http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/12/e3-2018-ghost-of-tsushima-to-include-full-japanese-vo-track

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really wish that State of Play talked more about how the combat actually worked. I can figure out the stealth section as The Ghost by watching the video but not the one-on-one standoffs against other foes. Do you need to wait for just the right moment before hitting the attack button? What happens if you miss? Do you die instantly? Do you have a health bar? It doesn’t look like you can button mash your way out of it.

Aside from that, the game looks great, and I can’t wait to play it in July. I only wish that YouTube’s compression didn’t ruin the visuals during the stream.

This looks good. Though watching it I got a little bit of a chill... a chill that I sometimes get when I see open world games.

On the one hand, I have loved games like Zelda,  Assassin's Creed, Batman, Spider-man, Horizon ... on the other hand, all of those games can get tiresome depending on how I approach them. The more OCD I get, while playing, then in between play sessions I get a pit in my stomach that I'm wasting my life and actually resent these games.

That demo just screamed "I'm an open world game, I'm gonna stick waypoints all over your map, and there's nothing you can do about it." I think I need some open world therapy.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:50 AM, AlbertA said:

I'm interested but the demo didn't quite grab me, like "I want to play that right now!"

I’m feeling the same way at the moment.  Although I also just preordered Maneater (the open world shark RPG thing), so maybe I just have terrible taste.

The biggest reason, really, is that I’m curious how it’ll play on the PS5.  If it’ll be a markedly better experience just a few months later (graphical bells and whistles, framerate, etc.), bolstered further by whatever patches there are between July and November, and probably a drop in price to boot, I’m tempted to wait.  I’m even thinking something similar about The Last of Us II.  There’s every chance that I’ll have a change of heart in the next couple of months, but...  Am I the only one thinking anything like this?

1 minute ago, Adam Tyner said:

I’m feeling the same way at the moment.  Although I also just preordered Maneater (the open world shark RPG thing), so maybe I just have terrible taste.

The biggest reason, really, is that I’m curious how it’ll play on the PS5.  If it’ll be a markedly better experience just a few months later, bolstered by whatever patches there are between July and November, and probably a drop in price to boot, I’m tempted to wait.  I’m even thinking something similar about The Last of Us II.  There’s every chance that I’ll have a change of heart in the next couple of months, but...  Am I the only one thinking anything like this?

Ghost, maybe?  The Last of Us II? Not a chance in hell.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:10 PM, Adam Tyner said:

The biggest reason, really, is that I’m curious how it’ll play on the PS5.  If it’ll be a markedly better experience just a few months later (graphical bells and whistles, framerate, etc.), bolstered further by whatever patches there are between July and November, and probably a drop in price to boot, I’m tempted to wait.  I’m even thinking something similar about The Last of Us II.  There’s every chance that I’ll have a change of heart in the next couple of months, but...  Am I the only one thinking anything like this?

I sold my PS4 months ago figuring I'd wait to play them on PS5. Missing out on Last of Us II at launch will be tough, but it doesn't make much sense for me to buy a PS4 Pro at $299 for two titles.