LCVG

Ghost of Tsushima - Releases July 17th, 2020

I went the opposite.

Spoiler

Everything Jin does throughout the game is for his people, family and friends. Even going back to his first duel with Ryuiza and the duel with Mosaka, he was trying to stop them without killing them. I felt I was sending one last message by sparing him, I was not going to be a slave to his honor also. The old ways cost lives, and you need to follow your own path, especially against an enemy that does not adhere to those traditions. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost like my post went into a Lovecraftian hole in space along with all of the details of the patch that I posted. Scroll up, Jeff.

Did this get posted? Good interview by Criterion with a couple of devs on the cinematic influences on the game.  https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/7102-all-in-the-game-an-interactive-homage-to-

I don't usually mess around with photo modes in games... but this game is too pretty!      

Posted Images

I mean, everyone is allowed to be wrong.;)

Honestly (and being serious), if you’re happy with that ending then I’m no one to tell you different. I did both and in my head canon, I like the one I went with far more. I also feel like it’s the one that Sucker Punch will go with in the inevitable sequel as I don’t feel like he has any additional role to play in whatever story comes next. I could be very wrong, too!

😂

I could have gone either way. I felt this was more true to what I had played up to that point but I thought your reasoning was also really good. Since it probably won’t factor too much into a sequel, I’m wondering if there isn’t a way to “honor” both decisions, just in the way maybe some characters interact with you, etc. 

I went Romier’s route. I think I mulled it over for twenty seconds and realized that ‘live by the sword’ does have its opposite number and, really, it seemed thematically appropriate.

I thought the whole Samurai honor code was a bit of a missed opportunity. It would have been cool for the game to do some back end math and tally up the numbers for kills via stealth vs kills via straight up Samurai style stand-off and direct combat kills, etc. I didn’t want some arbitrary renegade vs paragon RPG system either but I wanted the game to reward me for following the code if I chose to or incentivize me for going the Ninja route. I mean there are some story beats that could conflict but by the end, I would have preferred my in-game actions to have made the choice for me instead of “choose one” if that makes sense. Or it could have led to some different story beats with your uncle. Perhaps if I followed the code ..

Spoiler

He would end up adopting Jin and the poisoning of the camp is a one moment too far affair, etc.

Given what they had done with the Infamous games previously, and the whole ghost and samurai play styles, I wouldn’t be surprised if a choice system hadn’t been a part of the game at some point.

So I finally listened to the Kinda Funny Spoilercast with Nate Fox. 

Spoiler

The true ending is walking away from your uncle, disavowing the samurai tradition and fully embracing the ghost. Personally though, he says he kills him every time because he likes him and wants to give him that honor.

• 1 month later...

Did a few 2-player story chapters with randos. Pretty fun. Similar “level” system as Destiny in that your gear adds to your overall “ki” or level. 

survival looks fun with a good group. 

• Like 1