LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Control - New Remedy game announced at PS conference

I was sad when I went to the EPIC game store and saw the price was no longer $20. I'll eventually play this game. Whatever, I don't have time now anyway.

It's $30, but they have a $10 coupon for everyone to use on whatever you want.

Thanks El - so really I don't need to worry about CPU at all, and I'm looking at 60fps Low or 30fps Medium settings. With maybe a splash of High options if I'm feeling brave. That suits me fine; I'll grab it before the sale ends.

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

It's $30, but they have a $10 coupon for everyone to use on whatever you want.

God damn you.

image.png.6afdbe1b9ebf6cb1f177d3b51356bcf2.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainl said:

Thanks El - so really I don't need to worry about CPU at all, and I'm looking at 60fps Low or 30fps Medium settings. With maybe a splash of High options if I'm feeling brave. That suits me fine; I'll grab it before the sale ends.

I'm going to try the ray-tracing with my 2080, but I will also utilize nvidia's DLSS to probably run the game at 1080p and upsample to my monitor's 1440p.  It is supposed to work really well now that they have fixed/improved it.   

I mean this is pretty cool:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-control-dlss-2-dot-zero-analysis

• Like 1

Love this game and at $20 it’s incredible. It’s definitely more GPU heavy than CPU heavy so you should be fine with the 1060 😊 

• Like 1

I've been waiting of it! Time for some more Control before I jump into my TLOU2 Survivor + run.

The reflections and debris from destruction in this game are insane.  And Nvidia’s DLSS is phenomenal. 

• Like 1

Played pretty much all afternoon and this is a great follow up after playing TLoU2. The abilities are easy to work with and the gun play is pretty good as well. I’m about half way through the maintenance department right now. 

I love how the room titles pop up every time you go into a new area.  I get a giggle every time since it takes up the whole screen. 

I’ve got the RTX effects at high and I’m not getting any stuttering, but I’d guess the Gsync is taking care of any of those issues. I don’t think it’s quite locked 60, but I would guess it’s close. I’ve got the DLSS rez set to my native 1440p with it rendered at like 980p. I couldn’t see much of any visual quality difference between native rez rendering and lower rez rendering, but it definitely runs better better with lower rendering. I would guess something like 10-15 frames/sec better. I do not want to imagine what it would be like trying to run this at 4K. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Played pretty much all afternoon and this is a great follow up after playing TLoU2. The abilities are easy to work with and the gun play is pretty good as well. I’m about half way through the maintenance department right now. 

I love how the room titles pop up every time you go into a new area.  I get a giggle every time since it takes up the whole screen. 

I’ve got the RTX effects at high and I’m not getting any stuttering, but I’d guess the Gsync is taking care of any of those issues. I don’t think it’s quite locked 60, but I would guess it’s close. I’ve got the DLSS rez set to my native 1440p with it rendered at like 980p. I couldn’t see much of any visual quality difference between native rez rendering and lower rez rendering, but it definitely runs better better with lower rendering. I would guess something like 10-15 frames/sec better. I do not want to imagine what it would be like trying to run this at 4K. 

It’s a fantastic game and my favorite of 2019. I’m eager to see what they do with PS5 and Series X versions.