LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Fire Emblem: Three Houses [Switch] - July 26th 2019

Interesting news that they’re tossing out the traditional weapon wheel for this one - most FE games are based on the premise that swords beat axes beat spears beat swords or some version of that.

I’m actually quite okay with it - with the addition of magic and bows and every other damn weapon it had turned into more of a weapon octagon by now anyway.

Also, the last FE remake on 3DS had no weapon wheel as it predated its introduction and it was no worse for it. They’re keeping the important stuff like using bows against flying units so I’m not terribly upset about it. Just gimme the damn thing.

Never played this series.  Always loved FF Tactics.  Shining Force.  Divinity Original Sin.  Looking at this gameplay demo, I'd have to love this.  Does the game have a good difficulty ramp-up, or is this game only gonna be for experienced diehard fire emblem fans?

Reviews are out and they are very good. My collector’s edition will be here tomorrow and I am very okay with that. To the combat school!

Well, if you were wondering if the game has any challenge... I got three Game Overs trying to finish the prologue on Hard/Classic ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I keep wishing how there were more game demos these days. I’d really appreciate one for this to see how I’d take to it. I’m open to a blind buy (it’s selling very well in the UK) but it’d have to be at a good discount. I’m sure I’ll get it next year sometime.

I’m really liking the little I’ve played, a lot. Skyward Sword takes precedence over this though, since I’ve nearly got it wrapped up.

I need to pick this up for a trip I'm taking next week...

Been watching Cohhcarnage play it on Twitch and it looks crazy.  Never played a Fire Emblem game before...

• Like 1

I grabbed the two game certificates right before they stopped selling them so I can use one on this.  Got Jury Duty on Monday, so hopefully I just have a day to sit around and play.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kyle-K said:

I grabbed the two game certificates right before they stopped selling them so I can use one on this.  Got Jury Duty on Monday, so hopefully I just have a day to sit around and play.

I had no idea they were getting ready to stop selling them.  I just happened to buy some last night after getting a good deal on eShop cards on Raise.com. 

Picked up Fire Emblem but haven't had a chance to even start it.  Still need to figure out what to use the other one on...

Don’t be alarmed by how complex it looks at first. It’s not you - there’s an overwhelming amount of stuff in there even for series veterans :).

I didn’t feel comfortable until the third mission or so.

• Like 2

Well, it's been frustrating so far, but not because of the complexity.  It's because I want to play handheld, and I can't read any of the damned tutorial text! 

Seriously, what the actual fuck?  I know I'm old and my eyesight is going but this is ridiculous...  

Yeah, you’re not the first person I’ve seen mention that. I didn’t notice myself but apparently others find it terrible.

Yeah, I am loving it quite a bit now that I’ve been able to really sink my teeth in post-Zelda. I am worried I’m doing everything wrong and an idiot for playing on hard...

But still enjoying the hell out of it. They made several necessary changes to the franchise that seem to have paid off.

Now I am hopelessly addicted to this game. It REALLY clicked for me the last couple of missions and this take on Fire Emblem is great stuff.

The switch to being super customizable means you never really screw up, you just might disadvantage yourself, and it lets you get those units who would otherwise be crap doing useful things.

I love building my team up, I love the new gambits, I even love how the de-emphasize the extensive coupling of characters, even though I really enjoyed that aspect of things in the past couple games.

I’m glad it seems to be selling so well; I want more!

Phew, 62 hours for my first playthrough. Fantastic game. It got stupid hard towards the end, but I loved how customizable it was and the everything I said good about it still applies.

I’m definitely looking forward to New Game+ in a few months.