LCVG

Talkin' ‘bout next generation (possibilities, expectations and hopes for PS5 & Xbox 2)

14 hours ago, Starhawk said:

GAF's OsirisBlack is strongly hinting they outright bought the Castlevania IP, possibly other Konami IP 🧂

Regardless, great to see attention from them in Japan. I think they got Phantasy Star the last time Phil was there?

why are you doing this to me man? 

bought konami IP? Im going to hype myself and assume they bought silent hill IP.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, this forum is the best place on the internet for me. It's so nice to have a place where I can interact with folks with common likes and interests and not have to deal with the eternal bile a

"Social media" is an antisocial disease.  

After Capcom's arcade stick announcement, the PS5 design has leaked...     (Credit to BumbleChump over at Resetera who created this)

Posted Images

9 hours ago, AlbertA said:

why are you doing this to me man? 

bought konami IP? Im going to hype myself and assume they bought silent hill IP.

We may hate them but Konami makes good money on those branded slot/pachinko machines. They may license out some IP’s but sell them off outright? You’ll forgive me for heavily doubting that rumor.

Also, a western developed Silent Hill is just not something I’m interested in anymore. If they could get Ito, Toyama and Yamaoka back with a quality Japanese team then they’ll certainly have my attention but for now KojiPro was our last hope.:(

37 minutes ago, Romier S said:

We may hate them but Konami makes good money on those branded slot/pachinko machines. They may license out some IP’s but sell them off outright? You’ll forgive me for heavily doubting that rumor.

He doubled down on the acquisition aspect because someone referenced it as a "moneyhat" and he said something to the effect of "it's not a moneyhat if you own it". If it's even true at all, it might not even be Castlevania, but that's what people are parsing several of his comments to mean. 

• 7 months later...

Nice EGX interview with Richard from Digital Foundry here reflecting on all things next-gen and beyond.

It's very interesting hearing about how so few components are coming down in price, and how that might impact the NEXT next generation, and even potential mid-gen refreshes which doesn't come up in the conversation, but makes you think that if mid-gen PS5 and Series X models were to surface that they'd take us back to the $599+ both companies would probably have loved to have charged us for the systems coming in November.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WalMart:

And the steps we’ve taken are working as intended. One bot preventative action we implemented just hours before the PlayStation 5 event on Nov. 25 blocked more than 20 million bot attempts within the first 30 minutes alone (which is a fraction of what our systems deal with continually). As an additional step, we also audit and quickly cancel any orders confirmed to be purchased by bots that may have slipped through. As a result, the vast majority of our next-gen consoles have been purchased by legitimate customers, which is exactly what we want.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2020/12/15/doing-our-part-to-ensure-customers-not-grinch-bots-can-buy-this-seasons-hottest-items

True. But then, I sit here watching my shipment tracker slowly update, I know I bought this Xbox after running three different stock tracking sites, spotting which shop was in the process of dripping a bunch through on the 9th day of watching and then manually hammering refresh in a manner designed to get me fast updates without being rhythmic enough to look automated.

Just how “not a bot” am I in doing this, to anyone else who saw stock disappear in seconds? The only meaningful distinction is that I’ve only bought one.