LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

Nice!  I do like that they made the cabinet shallow on top to hold the LCD, and that front end looks pretty sweet.  I also liked that they had the custom game bezels loading-I don't have any of that set up properly right now.  I should really just take a day in here and figure all of that out...  I have a HyperSpin drive as well as my MameWah setup, which I never really set up to be "pretty", just barebones functional. 

• Like 1

Now that you've got me into research mode I'm wondering if it might be best to hold off on adding the aimtrack to the unit and wait for the Sinden's to be ready.  They seem to be the real deal when it comes to light guns but he hasn't even started shipping to his KS people yet.  The guy at thearcadeguys.shop said that his system, and I asked him to verify if it was indeed aimtrack, works "okay" and "they are working to make them better."  That's not exactly high praise, but when there are literally zero other alternatives what are you gonna do.  

Edit:  It is Aimtrak.  

So the aimtrak is a wii-style interface, and it works better than what I tried before (one of the act-labs guns).  Ultimarc (who makes the aimtrak) are also great guys, and they make some really cool joysticks too.  I have one of these (https://www.ultimarc.com/arcade-controls/joysticks/ultrastik-360/) in my cabinet, and it's awesome because I can program it on the fly to whatever input style a game takes (including analog).  Takes some scripting/config, but the results are great (although the joystick isn't "clicky" at all).  The main issue, as I said, is that you need to be 2-3 ft from the screen to get it to work, so there's some tweaking with the sensor bar position and you do need to calibrate.  If you're always in the same position though, that shouldn't be much of a problem.  I haven't gotten a ton of use out of mine yet though, so I can't really comment too much.  One of those cases where I think I need the newer PC in there. 

Hadn't heard of that Sinden one before-looks neat! 

Now what I really want to get is a way to run old light gun games in VR on the Quest-THAT would be something :)

Are you using the standard sensor bar that came with the Aimtrak?  When I went hunting for aimtrak I found a review on Amazon that said they used this and it improved things greatly:

https://www.arcaderenovations.com/extreme-ir-bar-for-arcade-light-guns.html

I am guessing yes, but will one sensor bar work for two guns?  Do you have two guns?  The guns are much cheaper via Amazon.  Maybe I'll hold off buying two right now, get one on Amazon to test, see how well it works and if I can live with it.  He says he can preconfigure the system for the guns so I think that might be the best path forward and save $100(50/gun).

That Sinden one is next level shit.  It looks crazy accurate.  And if you look at the videos you can see the improvements he has made.  It tracks by the white box surrounding the image, no sensor bar.  Looks like it started around 1-2 inches thick.  He's got it down to probably .5 inches or less.  Almost unnoticeable.  I added my name to the list, of who-knows-how-long, to preorder.  But he won't start those until the KS people get theirs.  260 UK pounds for two guns with recoil, is almost the same price as the two aimtrak guns from this guy.  

Yeah, I'm using the stock IR bar, but that might be something to keep in mind.  I still need to finalize the mounting for the bar on the cabinet, since my temporary duct tape solution doesn't look great. 

• Haha 1

I haven't decided on much of anything else yet, however I did place my order for two of the Sinden lightguns w/recoil.  Total cost was about $342.  Now I just need to fast forward the next 5 months as they are set for October shipping.  There were about 60 of 250 orders placed so far.  Non recoil guns are about $60 less per gun.  I believe he has stated that the price will do nothing but go up after these first few rounds of buyers.  Here's a link:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-sinden-lightgun#/

I'm on the verge of just building it myself.  If so I would probably eschew a large cabinet for a wall or rack mounted 50" 720p connected to a PC and some type of 4player pedestal.  Maybe find a way to slide the pedestal out during play to conserve space when not in use.  

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I'm on the verge of just building it myself.  If so I would probably eschew a large cabinet for a wall or rack mounted 50" 720p connected to a PC and some type of 4player pedestal.  Maybe find a way to slide the pedestal out during play to conserve space when not in use.  

If I were to build something around a LCD, that's what I'd go for as well.  No need to stay married to the form factor if you're not housing a giant monitor.  You could do something like a showcase cabinet (where there's a gap between the monitor and pedestal).  The simplest way to move the pedestal would be to put it on locking casters, but that's not going to be the easiest solution.  If you make it a full base, it'd probably be heavy enough to stay in place on its own, but light enough that it could be dragged?  Depends on the floor type. 

It's faux hardwood floor, dragging would be easy.  I'm more afraid of it sliding forward with aggressive play.  I just don't want it to completely overpower the 1-ups from a visual perspective by sticking out a foot farther.  I like the idea of wheels, but the logistics of getting to them to lock/unlock seems a pain.  I think I need to just google some designs and steal one.  

There's supposed to be some big Arcade1up announcements at the first day of IGN's Expo coverage. This was supposed to have happened on Friday before the event was pushed back.

The most common rumor I've heard a couple of times was that it would be a driving cabinet and most people guess Outrun as the title. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting 1

I’d be holding out for Daytona, if I were so inclined. But I guess it would depend on how easy to mod. 

13 hours ago, Starhawk said:

There's supposed to be some big Arcade1up announcements at the first day of IGN's Expo coverage. This was supposed to have happened on Friday before the event was pushed back.

The most common rumor I've heard a couple of times was that it would be a driving cabinet and most people guess Outrun as the title. 

I'd love to be wrong on this, but Sega's pulled a bunch of recent Outrun games from sale because the Ferrari licence timed out... If all that's been renegotated for Arcade 1up, awesome. 

9 hours ago, dogbert said:

I'd love to be wrong on this, but Sega's pulled a bunch of recent Outrun games from sale because the Ferrari licence timed out... If all that's been renegotated for Arcade 1up, awesome. 

That might be the case then. The "rumors" I'd seen mentioned before seemed like they were mostly speculative based really on a process of elimination. Things like Arcade1up saying they likely won't have 3D titles until later, etc.

Give me the Cruisin series with multi cabinet support.

I would think you would have more than one title, so Outrun and Daytona may co-exist in the same cabinet. Dare I say with Virtua Racing as well? Can I dream?

• Like 1

There was some statement Arcade1up made saying something like they wouldn't be able to do 3D games until around 2021. Totally going off of memory here, but that was the reason people were leaning towards Outrun.

16 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Big Buck Hunter on the far right?

yeah. The other guess people have is the pinball is a Universal title. I don’t think anyone knows for sure on the other two. The first one’s joystick looks like a throttle or flight stick (or just a bad photoshop.)

The one next to BBH looks similar to Star Wars. But with a bit less angle on the control deck. Was Outrun a stand up unit? I think it was. 

There were stand up, sit down and sit down deluxe versions of Outrun if I recall correctly. 

The weird joystick on the far left could possibly be the stick shift. Nothing that sticks out for the pedals though. 

145F7A77-0F3D-408D-ADC4-8B28E1A867C0.jpeg

• Like 1

That occurred to me as well. But that one has an almost flat control deck. You could put a flight stick there pretty easy, but I wouldn’t think a wheel. 

• Like 1