Romier S

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

X-Men vs SF/Marvel vs Capcom Cab, doesn't have MvC 2 though 😥

Love the art

mspacman_shopify_1000w_06.jpg?v=15918292

xmenvstreetfighter_shopify_1000w_01_2048

Just now, Romier S said:

I.....feel nothing.

I love the style of that cab, but my shock was I thought the rights were in legal hell. 

CEO just said Dig Dig was on Ms PacMan. That'd be amazing, but it's not on the current image.

• Like 1

The X-Men/SF cab is fantastic but lack of MvC2 is definitely a huge omission. Especially with Mutant Apocalypse there which is weird.

2 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

There's tons of parts for the various machines on their site now. Side panels, buttons, PCBs..

https://arcade1up.com/collections/all

What's with the two versions of what appears to be the same Pac-Man cab under the name "ARCADE1UP AT HOME ARCADE MACHINE", one at $350 and the other at $337.60?

:diaz:

• Interesting 1

12 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Did they mention anything about a release date for the Golden Axe cabinet?

I haven't heard anything about that cab in a while, looking forward to it though.

There's actually two Marvel Cabs

X-Men vs. Street Fighter Cabinet

• X-Men vs. Street Fighter
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes
  • X-Men: Children of the Atom
  • X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes Cabinet

• Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems
  • X-Men vs. Street Fighter
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes
  • Mavel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Retro Ralph said the reason this Ms PacMan exists is there's some loophole where they only have to pay GCC royalties if it's a coin-operated machine or digitally distributed which this is neither. 

I'd not heard of Sinden before today, but that's what the Big Buck Hunter's light gun tech based on, and supposedly top tier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

Did they mention anything about a release date for the Golden Axe cabinet?

John D just said on their stream "Early August/Late July" on Arcade1up site. He said the dates in that order so may more likely August. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

John D just said on their stream "Early August/Late July" on Arcade1up site. He said the dates in that order so may more likely August. 

Excellent. Its my next purchase for sure.

One other thing I heard on the stream was they still have a few cabinets to announce this year. John D said one was a style they'd never done before and said that the title had already been guessed. Sounds like the racing cab.

Regarding no MvC2, John D said while there are chips out that can run it they are waiting for the price to come down, but it will come out at some point.

There's also 1 or 2 more MK cabinets coming, one will be a 30th anniversary cab, form factor for the other tbd, but one or both will have online play.

And sounds like Golden Axe will be direct to consumer from Arcade1Up, won't be in stores.

2 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I'd not heard of Sinden before today, but that's what the Big Buck Hunter's light gun tech based on, and supposedly top tier.

I talked a shit ton about them earlier in the thread. I have an indiegogo order in for two of the pc guns. 

If they are using them that is fucking awesome. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I talked a shit ton about them earlier in the thread. I have an indiegogo order in for two of the pc guns. 

If they are using them that is fucking awesome. 

Oh sweet, I probably wasn’t following it as much then. This was on the Retro Ralph stream with John D and they really talked it up. 

Search Sinden on YouTube and a fair few videos pop up. 

8 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Oh sweet, I probably wasn’t following it as much then. This was on the Retro Ralph stream with John D and they really talked it up. 

This is a new promo video. 

• Cheers 1

There's a new Arcade1up survey with a lot of interesting questions, so check your email!

Some of the questions revolve around full-size units and they show a price of ($1k-$3k) under the picture. I would absolutely go for that for certain titles so I answered all of those questions as so. If only to avoid the riser and to have a bigger (maybe 19"?) screen.

I would go the full size route for certain titles/or bundles.

My main criticisms are they should add authentic controls, wider control panels, 19" screen tilted back further, and more authentic looking cabinets.

I love the concept, however they need to improve their execution (they've come a long way since inception, but still have a ways to go) before I will fully invest in their products.

• Like 1

I bought a TMNT today for $275. I think I could have held out for an even better deal as I was expecting some of these to clear out for NBA Jam, but I'd been checking deals.consolekits.com every now and then and never saw any move and knew as soon as I saw a drop I was going to grab one.

I don't even have room for this right now anyway so to storage it goes until probably later this year. 

• Like 2