LCVG

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a proper, full-sized Mortal Kombat machine in my living room, but I will be the first in line to get the Arcade1Up version the moment it gets dolleyed off the truck. That lineup of new announce

All setup. No issues other than me not plugging in the power connection inside the cabinet deep enough. I had a minor heart attack thinking the thing was dead but with some minor troubleshooting, all

Got the decals put on today. And the riser is technically backwards. The Arcade 1up emblem on the front is huge and would have been peaking out behind the MK 2 logo. I decided to just turn it around s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NickC said:

Just received an email that Golden Axe can be ordered, $399, I want this cab, but given some of the recent QA issues I think I'll wait until its reviewed.

https://arcade1up.com/products/golden-axe-arcade-cabinet

I think a video popped up on my YouTube feed the other day about QA but I didn't watch it. Anything in particular going on?

• 4 weeks later...

A1up announced their Infinity Board for board games a couple of weeks ago and a Kickstarter has now begun. $500 for the 24 inch, $700 for the 32. Free shipping too. Looks like it comes with 17 games with 50 total games being available eventually. 

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

A1up announced their Infinity Board for board games a couple of weeks ago and a Kickstarter has now begun. $500 for the 24 inch, $700 for the 32. Free shipping too. Looks like it comes with 17 games with 50 total games being available eventually. 

I see covid everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, Starhawk said:

John D recap from when he was on Retro Ralph:

• A Tempest-themed cabinet is in the works.

Only the best arcade game of all time. This is to me the most tempting of them all, if the cabinet retains that original slanted design and the artwork. 

The big issue with Tempest is the dial controller. It’s my understanding that the dial on the older Asteroids/Tempest combo was not weighted and free spinning like the original game. That’s a very important factor, as spinning and catching the dial is integral to the game as you get into higher, more frenzied levels (like 32 and up). 

If they somehow make a dial with those properties like the original, I’d have a hard time resisting. Although realistically I don’t have room for it. 

5 minutes ago, rustyjaw said:

Only the best arcade game of all time. This is to me the most tempting of them all, if the cabinet retains that original slanted design and the artwork. 

The big issue with Tempest is the dial controller. It’s my understanding that the dial on the older Asteroids/Tempest combo was not weighted and free spinning like the original game. That’s a very important factor, as spinning and catching the dial is integral to the game as you get into higher, more frenzied levels (like 32 and up). 

If they somehow make a dial with those properties like the original, I’d have a hard time resisting. Although realistically I don’t have room for it. 

As a matter of fact:

Spinner Upgrade

Heads up, Best Buy is clearing out Golden Tee for $249. Not too shabby for a unit with a lighted marquee and custom riser included.

Side note: the roller is surprisingly good.

If I can find anything resembling a deal, I'd like to replace the Rampage cab with Star Wars. Otherwise, it's going to be some flavor of light gun cab. THEN and only then will the collection be complete.

20201107_232058.jpg