LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

1) Had no idea these were available in the UK (Amazon, Argos, Zavvi and others supply them). Much more expensive here at £350-399 depending on model and supplier by the looks of things. 

2) I don't think I could resist Ninja Turtles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Instant buy, wow.  Both the original arcade and Turtles in Time?

*faints*

Imagine if they included The Simpsons and X-Men as well.

giphy.gif

Wonder how they will do 4 player for these without it being too tight, hopefully expand the control panel off to the sides.

Price is going to be $349.99

• Like 1

TMNT and Marvel coming in August

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will retail for around $349 and Marvel Super Heroes will come in at $299"

TMNTtop.jpg

Can't wait for the NBA Jam / NHL Open Ice cabinet, that has to happen.

Also, Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickC said:

Can't wait for the NBA Jam / NHL Open Ice cabinet, that has to happen.

Also, Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2.

There is a place nearby that rents arcade cabinets for parties, and they have NBA JAM in the window. 

• Like 1

That's not true, That's impossible :).  Supposedly something Star Wars will be announced.

I love the SW arcade pod . Anytime we go to Dave and busters you need to drag me out of there. But it’s not that.

The Simpson’s, 4 player X-Men ,WWE wrestling and Double Dragon, are the  things that would get me excited.

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

That's not true, That's impossible :).  Supposedly something Star Wars will be announced.

If it's the OG vector Star Wars game, I'd be very curious to know how they implement the controls since that was such a custom controller, I can't think of any other games that would make use of it. That was one of my all time faves, but it was also one of the few 'beatable' games from that era, as it never got any more difficult after level 13...so high scores were really about how long a player could stay awake. I played a game on the sit down version for 8 hours one time.

Because of that difficulty plateau, it's a lot less interesting to me than many other arcade games.

I wonder if they will get Ms Pac Man on to the Pac Man machine...that would make it a lot more desirable IMO

Personally, I'd love to see Star Castle added to that Asteroids, Tempest machine...I loved that game

I will weep happy man-tears if it is the original vector Star Wars. I have room for one of these units In the cottage and I have literally been holding out for that.

90s Sega Star Wars Arcade, I suspect. Did it have funky controls, I can't remember? But I guess if they've already done Tempest etc, they don't mind the old school vector games?