LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

20 minutes ago, dogbert said:

"Under 500". So yeah, 499.99 :)

Thanks, I should have read the article :)

I wonder if they can get Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 for a cabinet. That and TMNT are my top 2.

• Like 1

X-Men and The Simpson’s Konami arcade are high on my list.

If they ever got a Sega license?

*wallet screams in pain*

spa2.jpg

OutRun-side-art-fitted.jpg

f4d4efe8ba4852232db6ccf1b2180231.jpg

alan-mealor-shinobi-dirty-003.jpg?148487

20 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Yep, those are probably my 3 and 4! And Sega would be amazing. 

There are no words in English or Aurebesh to express my excitement.

(And I know I said I had room for only one of these... but I might need to find room for that Namco cocktail table too.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Romier S said:

If they ever got a Sega license?

*wallet screams in pain*

spa2.jpg

OutRun-side-art-fitted.jpg

f4d4efe8ba4852232db6ccf1b2180231.jpg

alan-mealor-shinobi-dirty-003.jpg?148487

Word on the street is that Sega are holding onto those licenses as they intend to explore producing their own uprights in the manner of A1U.

9 hours ago, dogbert said:

I’ll be damned. They replicated that controller! Still, as much as I loved that Star Wars game, and played it incessantly as a teenager, the plateau in difficulty...not to mention the price, kills my interest. 

Tempest on the other hand has a beautiful difficulty curve that gradually reaches insanity. That’s part of the reason it remains my favorite game of that era.  

7 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I wonder if they can get Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 for a cabinet. That and TMNT are my top 2.

I was thinking about KI as well. Short of those, some SEGA cabinets and Simpsons they’ve pretty much released/announced everything I played regularly in the arcades as a kid. Damn the UK pricing of these to hell!

Found one. It was a repckaged open box mismarked with a nonfunctioning upc. Since it wouldn't scan, they wouldn't sell it to me at any price even though they could key in the correct upc in ther scanner and see what it was and what it was supposed cost.

Anyways, super excited about the Star Wars one/ Is the RotJ game the one with 2 endor levels, speeder bike and and chewie in the AT-ST and then Lando's run on the deathstar in the falcon?

Just bought my dad the Golden Tee one for Father’s Day. He’s got a “pub” in his basement with a pool table, full bar, sports memorabilia, etc. so it will fit right in.

• Like 3

Well damn, I didn't think I'd be interested, but after seeing this protoype I may need to buy this.

• Like 2

I'll bet is actually looks better than the original since the the vector display on that game was so flicker-happy. The LCD emulation is likely much more stable.

That's one of the nice things about running vector games on modern displays, they look absolutely amazing. Same with Tempest on a hi-res display, it's better than the original.

I was wondering how that'd look without a vector monitor.  I actually just played an original one of these on Monday-a friend of mine has an original sit down SW cabinet, and it does flicker quite a bit.  The standup version will never quite be the same... 

Neat to see the artwork on these though.  I wonder why they're selling them with the official risers though, and not just making them taller to begin with?  Can't be that much more expensive from a materials cost.

I think they want to keep them versatile.  And if you are including the riser anyway, costs aren't going to be any different, realistically, than just making them bigger to begin with.  And manufacturing would also have to be updated to create larger pieces.  The manufacturing is already a set deal for the units and risers.  

I tried it out at comic-con.  Controller felt right.  Didn't notice flicker, but wasn't looking for it either.

I still can't get over how small these things are.  I think if I were to get an 1up machine, this would be it.  I'm 100% for unusual controller versions.

• Like 2

Installed Glen's drop-in trackball replacement and it works like dream. How fast and well supported the A1U upgrade cottage industry has become is something I've never seen before.

I think I'm going to Sanwa up the SF2 cab but completely Pi  and hardware mod the Rampage cab.

TMNT and Star Wars WILL be added to the collection. My life is incomplete until then.

20190723_175403.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Romier S said:

Hope TMNT goes up soon.

Yep. That’s the one I am waiting for.