LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

There's now a Costco exclusive version of the MK cab priced at $349 that comes with a Light-Up Marquee, a riser with MK graphics, and a matching MK stool. There's also a brand new PCB and LCD screen in the bundle kits with new features (audio out). The new LCD panels are now a 4:3 aspect ratio vs the previous 5:4 aspect ratio. Apparently the speaker hiss has been corrected as well

gPMhhUQKKjH6mPr2ottT2J4KR5BhKAT92vYo-Swq

That's some BS lol

Fuck that.  I'm not even a member anyways. Makes me feel special about the $340+tax I put down on the original and generic stand, and the extra $40 in graphics for the stand.  Yay.  

• Epic Post 1

I may get it and convert the original to a generic cab or sell it, haven't decided, ridiculous though, i'll be waiting these out going forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickC said:

I may get it and convert the original to a generic cab or sell it, haven't decided, ridiculous though, i'll be waiting these out going forward.

I was about to say, it seems like it pays to wait on these. I don't own any currently, but IIRC the v1's were upgraded in several ways and now this Costco exclusive is a better version. Looks like Costco also has an upgraded Pac-man.

Of course we do not have a Costco membership anymore, though you can get a 1 day pass ;)   I am waiting for Walmart to put up TMNT

So to throw a little salt in the wound, since it had been almost a month since I ordered it and I forgot, but I got the shipping notice for the light-up marquee I ordered.  So that's another $50 bucks wasted.  

And I think it's fair to say that waiting is something that you could do in these situations.  And I could certainly expect for there to be a "collectors edition" or whatever.  But for that to come out with another $180 worth, figuring another $50 for the stool + even more if taxed, plus new board and a more appropriate-sized screen is just obscene and not in any way predictable.  I'm going to write them and see what they have to say.

18 hours ago, Eldorado said:

So to throw a little salt in the wound, since it had been almost a month since I ordered it and I forgot, but I got the shipping notice for the light-up marquee I ordered.  So that's another $50 bucks wasted.  

The marquee in these new versions is actually too bright and needs modding anyway:

I actually got a chance to see one of these quickly yesterday and I remember the marquee seemed to bright to me as well. 

So you have to unplug the speaker from the pcb to only use the headphone jack, could be worse, i'll probably be replacing mine for the added jack/marquee/riser/screen.

Re-recorded intro due to licensing. Sounds pretty good, maybe too vocal heavy compared to the original.

• Like 1

My Star Wars Arcade showed up today. GameStop gave no email notice of shipping and the website still says In Progress-Waiting for Product Availability. 

I won’t be able to put it together for a week or so as I injured my tailbone and there is no way I can sit in the position needed for long enough to do this. I also need to move some things around in the back room to make room. 

• Like 2