LCVG

Arcade1up - Classic Arcade cabinets coming soon for $299

The screw threads might not last with repeated dis/reassembling. As far as ease goes, it would probably take a lot less time to break down than put back together. Cosmetically, the artwork, should be fine. As long as you take care with how it’s stored. Moving them while assembled isn’t all that bad either, with help and a dolly. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the decals put on today. And the riser is technically backwards. The Arcade 1up emblem on the front is huge and would have been peaking out behind the MK 2 logo. I decided to just turn it around s

All setup. No issues other than me not plugging in the power connection inside the cabinet deep enough. I had a minor heart attack thinking the thing was dead but with some minor troubleshooting, all

I have a proper, full-sized Mortal Kombat machine in my living room, but I will be the first in line to get the Arcade1Up version the moment it gets dolleyed off the truck. That lineup of new announce

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2019 at 8:52 PM, dogbert said:

Anyone gone the Rasperry Pi/mame route? I don't know that just a couple of games is enough.

Dropped a Pi 3 into the Street Fighter cab, upgraded the sticks and buttons, and installed an HDMI adapter (mind, the newer waves of A1U units require a different HDMI adapter than earlier gen cabs) and the process couldn't have been easier.  There is even a website (www.arcadepunks.com) that has a ton of Arcade1Up Pi images that are flash and play. (You don't NEED an A1U Pi image, but the ones that are available are robust and turnkey for this application, including dedicated images for vertical screen cabs, with curated vertical game collections, like you'd want with the Centipede A1U, for instance.) I had the Pi sitting around, so the entire conversion cost me less than $100 easy - all the parts are available from Amazon.

Worth it af.

• Like 3

That's nice.  I've actually got a SF2 cab, minus the screen, sitting around that I don't know what to do with.  I got it on auction for like $115, but there was no way to know it wasn't complete.  It looks like there are 20" monitors that can fit pretty nicely into the cab, so maybe one of those plus a Pi.  

Also, I updated the pic above with some not completely blown-out highlights.  :hathaway: And I grabbed my GT cord from the office today.

10 hours ago, Eldorado said:

That's nice.  I've actually got a SF2 cab, minus the screen, sitting around that I don't know what to do with.  I got it on auction for like $115, but there was no way to know it wasn't complete.  It looks like there are 20" monitors that can fit pretty nicely into the cab, so maybe one of those plus a Pi.  

Also, I updated the pic above with some not completely blown-out highlights.  :hathaway: And I grabbed my GT cord from the office today.

Arcade 1UP also sells the monitors, they aren't cheap though.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/lcd-screens

Sanwa clone is the play, imo. But, yes, OEM Sanwa work like you'd expect - awesomely. (I have a box for my console fighters that's loaded with premium Sanwa gear and the stick is butter, but I have to say, the clones have become so good that it might be hard to do the Pepsi Challenge with some of them.)

• Like 1

SIAP

This guy aggregates local stock DBs and filters for Arcade1Up cabs, so if you're looking for one of those $75 deals near you, this is how you do it.

https://deals.consolekits.com/

I found Space Invaders for $75 and TMNT for $200, but I also drove 45 mins one-way for a $125 Final Fight cab that was mis-priced in this database and actually still full price, so use with caution.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 10:54 AM, Starhawk said:

Are there any SKUs of the Mortal Kombat cabinet that have the updated screen/internals as the Costco one was?

My receipt says 1900819, that's the Costco unit, Not sure if the Walmart SKU with the riser has updated components (Walmart # 576508668), The original Walmart unit I bought didn't have the riser (Walmart # 573490521)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, NickC said:

My receipt says 1900819, that's the Costco unit, Not sure if the Walmart SKU with the riser has updated components (Walmart # 576508668), The original Walmart unit I bought didn't have the riser (Walmart # 573490521)

Thanks, I don't think it does. I'm mostly concerned with the monitor and if I can get one of the Walmart Mortal Kombat units low enough, I'd just replace it. BUT, I'd want to install a 4:3 monitor. I'm not sure if the PCB is any different between the Walmart and Costco units? Wondering how it would scale if I swapped out the 5:4 monitor with a 4:3 one on the stock PCB.

5 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Thanks, I don't think it does. I'm mostly concerned with the monitor and if I can get one of the Walmart Mortal Kombat units low enough, I'd just replace it. BUT, I'd want to install a 4:3 monitor. I'm not sure if the PCB is any different between the Walmart and Costco units? Wondering how it would scale if I swapped out the 5:4 monitor with a 4:3 one on the stock PCB.

I believe the PCB is different, the Costo version has the newer style pcb with headphone out jack.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a Killer Instinct/Killer Instinct 2 cabinet the most. The biggest challenge with that one is it'd require something a little more powerful than the previous cabinets to run properly, but I think they can do it.

X-Men and NBA Jam would be amazing, and I could see them doing The Simpsons as another 4-player option.

I'd heard some people mention an upgraded Street Fighter II cabinet. That'd be nice, also wonder if they'd do an Alpha cabinet first. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NickC said:

Nice, I'd love to see a Marvel vs Capcom cabinet (X-Men vs Street Fighter, MvC, MvC2) as well as NBA Jam and dare I say it (cause its less than .00001% of happening) a version with current rosters.

Give me an NBA Jam cab and I'll fix the roster issue. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Bravo 1