LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
JoeyN

Spider-Man Far From Home spoiler discussion

Even though the movie is a spoiler :) , some other casting news. Fury and Hill are confirmed to be in the film.

SPOILERS KEITH DON'T READ :)

There really is so much great stuff about this film. I'm going to wait until I get home from work tomorrow for a longer post, but I just want to comment on three things.

• They 100% nailed Mysterio. The illusion stuff was terrific, and love how they tied it into Stark and his employees.  Jake G was on point.  Spider-Man MCU is 2 for 2 with villains.
  • JK Simmons as Jameson is how it should be, and revealing who Spider-Man was is really setting up a Sinister Six Situation for the next film. They have plenty of villains set up for it already with Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio (they still have the tech), and Scorpion.  
  • And then when I lost my mind, as we have the Skrulls helping Fury build The Peak. Which is the home for S.W.O.R.D , the space version of SHIELD. :banderas:  It was funny that for one second I thought they may be going towards Secret Invasion, and then you realize it's Talos and his wife 🤣 Ben Mendelsohn needs to show up all the time. 

• Like 2

One last thing for tonight. The entire beginning explaining about the before, during and after the Snap  was hilarious. 

• Like 2

They nailed this movie and stuck the landing.

Loved seeing JK Simmons back as JJJ doing an Alex Jones impersonation.  Fantastic.  The theater went absolutely bonkers.

The stuff with Talos and Soren had a lot of people (admittedly, myself included) scratching their heads.  I'm not enough into the books to know about SWORD, etc.  Interested to see where we go from here...

• Like 1

Well the skrulls were not involved with Sword in the comics, but will be a main part here. The organization stops intergalactic threats, like Shield stops threats on earth.  In the comics Carol Danvers and Spider-Woman worked for SWORD as operatives. If some of the unannounced movie rumors are true, they could be building another team.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2019 at 10:32 PM, JoeyN said:

And then when I lost my mind, as we have the Skrulls helping Fury build The Peak.

Is it confirmed that's what that was?  I just saw this today, and figured Fury was off in space working on something larger (that might be hinted at with more "cosmic" stuff coming), but never connected the dots that it could be the Peak.  Galactus as the new Thanos-level threat?

Agreed that they nailed Mysterio though.  The whole thing was a little telegraphed, but the bit where spidey was fighting Mysterio's illusions was great stuff.  Seemed like it did a really good job of filling in the gaps post-endgame.  Really looking forward to seeing where they go next!

There have been hints that it is the Peak, but they have not said anything official yet.