LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Angry the Clown

Animal Crossing: New Horizons [Switch] - Delayed to March 2020

I'm not into Animal Crossing, but I do feel for the fans who have been patiently waiting for this for so long. It sucks, but it will be great in the end.

I was planning on buying two eShop vouchers and using one to cover this but ShopTo and CDKeys both want £36.99 in the UK for the digital code so that works out to be the better choice. Not sure yet if I will buy it right away on release or wait a couple of weeks, but hopefully the price holds after it comes out.

Thank you for coming to my Animal Crossing echo chamber.

3 hours ago, JFo said:

I have a feeling this game is going to sell bonkers on Switch.

This is fake... but probably true.

• Haha 2
  • Epic Post 1

New Horizons reviews are positively glowing. It’s a bizarre twist of fate for Nintendo that such a game should be releasing when it is. Truly a game for our times.

I purchased and pre-installed last week. 

My wife is waiting anxiously.  I still have to move the switch memory card over to the 64GB one sitting at home as the 32 is full.  

Only played an hour last night to get settled in. I wasn’t prepared for how much more beautiful the game manages to look when played directly. The videos online don’t actually do it justice. 

The Nook Phone is an ingenious addition addition to the gameplay, and the crafting feature is brilliant. There’s so much you can do now.

Yeah, this is peak Animal Crossing. Once I got the island set up and past the intro it was addictive as crack.

That phone is absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

Nook’s building me a house tonight, and the museum will be built tomorrow. The addition Nook Miles on top of Bells to separate means of spending and what can be purchased is terrific and there are so many in game achievements.

For now I’ve run out of things to do until a new day dawns.

• Like 1

This game. As my anxiety hits “here, have some severe chest pain” levels of discomfort I cannot tell you what a joyful distraction this is.

• Like 2