LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
NickC

The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action TV Series)

I liked episode 5, but it’s the weakest of the bunch. Nothing really moving the plot forward .

I liked it, thought it was better than 4, but not the first 3.

A fair amount of fan service in this one, maybe too much, and the acting of some of the supporting actors is an issue again.

I liked it more than 4 as well and I don’t mind that it doesn’t move the plot forward. I love the world building. Little touches like communicating with the Tusken Raiders and the back stories for the bounties is interesting. Plus it’s always nice to see Ming-Na Wen.

Yeah, maybe better than 3, but doesn't do much to move the plot forward again. Supporting actors were all good in this episode.

I suspect this series will be much like The X-Files. The meta plot is only going to get a handful of episodes. There will be a lot of “monster of the week” shows. Fine by me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dogbert said:

Loved, loved, loved the use of the Incinerator Troop from Force Unleashed in the last episode :)

funny you say that, look what Funko just announced, 

5E33310B-D8D2-4408-9B3B-4136CDEDFFC8.jpeg

• Haha 1

Star Wars Underworld test footage & making of leaked online recently. It was originally made in 2010.

Hopefully there's a making of The Mandalorian coming at some point.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the first two episodes. Intrigued by the almost stop motion like approach to some of the animation (it’s very appealing to my tastes).

Don’t like Disney doing the Netflix “let’s ruin the end credits by shrinking them” thing.

15 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

Don’t like Disney doing the Netflix “let’s ruin the end credits by shrinking them” thing.

The opening and closing credits are the least important part of the movie. And because film makers know this, they sometimes, but rarely try to creatively spruce them up.  In recent years Marvel is famous for adding actual content in there that is interesting. But 99% o the time the closing credits cause everyone to get up and leave the theater.  Or at home they exit button and move onto the next thing.

I guess as long as you can make them full screen if you really want to watch them, then it is win-win for everyone. 

Opening credits are their own separate issue. Because I'm often asked to fast-forward through them by my kids.  Rarely are they designed by the screenwriter as part of the story. They're empty space shoved in front of the actual movie, designed and created by someone other than the actual story teller.  They're garbage.

Yes, I have very fond memories of opening credits. The X-Men or James Bond movies come to mind.  But that's more lipstick on a pig.  Opening credits are stupid and some movies make them less stupid and I appreciate that. 

These days opening credits serve up time for people look at their phones. Then I have to yell at everyone that the actual movie has started. Put your phones away.  Opening credits are a liability to the enjoyment of the content these people worked so hard to create.  Similarly I usually skip the first 3 minutes of podcasts because everyone seemingly wants the beginning of their content to have nothing to do with why the audience is listening/watching. 

[Rant over]

Shrinking the end credits is annoying. Slapping a 100% brightness white box with the option to skip the opening credits is actively painful on a 4k HDR TV that can do any kind of decent level of light. And I'm only on an OLED; I dread to think how the Samsung QLED owners have it.