LCVG

The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action TV Series)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing of value was lost. To be clear, I’m not even wading into the controversy surrounding her at the moment either. From a pure acting perspective, she was the weakest link on the show from the out

Can we just remind ourselves that Carl fucking Weathers is in this?           Thanks. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

I had great affection for the frog lady. 

I believe frog lady's been getting a hard time, but I didn't mind her.

Have you seen Episode 3 (11)? 2+3 really should have been one episode the way they link together, I wish they would push more towards 45 mins to 1 hour run times per episode.

Chapter 10 - 42 min (Almost 7 Mins of Recap + Credits = 35 Min)

Chapter 11 - 36 min (Little over 6 Mins of Recap + Credits = 30 Min)

9 minutes ago, NickC said:

Have you seen Episode 3 (11)? 2+3 really should have been one episode the way they link together, I wish they would push more towards 45 mins to 1 hour run times per episode.

Yes. I wonder if combining them would have lessened my feeling that the series as a whole kind of feels like watching a video game. When you break it down it's structured like an RPG and I feel rather detached from it all. 

18 minutes ago, Angry the Clown said:

Yes. I wonder if combining them would have lessened my feeling that the series as a whole kind of feels like watching a video game. When you break it down it's structured like an RPG and I feel rather detached from it all. 

I agree, feels like an open world game where there's the main quest and your hitting all the side quests along the way. Hopefully the rest of the season won't feel that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gina Carano will not be returning to The Mandalorian or the Star Wars galaxy after sharing a post on social media implying that being a Republican today is like being Jewish during the Holocaust.

"Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future," a Lucasfilm spokesperson said in a statement. "Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/the-mandalorian-star-gina-carano-fired-amid-social-media-controversy

Nothing of value was lost. To be clear, I’m not even wading into the controversy surrounding her at the moment either. From a pure acting perspective, she was the weakest link on the show from the outset and at her best she was just “fine” as an ensemble cast member. Bill Burr ran circles around her in the acting/range department in the two episodes he was in.