LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Microsoft announces Project xCloud - Public beta in 2019

I got in! I loaded it up just to see it because I didn’t have my Xbox One controller here, but then decided to see if the DS4 would work and it does!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I got in! I loaded it up just to see it because I didn’t have my Xbox One controller here, but then decided to see if the DS4 would work and it does!

So is the iOS beta iPhone only? Is there a way to try it on iPad yet?

Actually, my iPad is what I used when trying it out last night.

Overall it works fine, but I was thinking it'd be a little better than the competition but it was not. The only game available right now is Halo Master Chief Collection, and I jumped into Combat Evolved with my 12.9" iPad over Wi-Fi and the DS4. There's pixellation when there's a lot going on visually, which is to be expected, but it was more than I thought. The latency of streaming can be felt in input lag, but that's to be expected as well. This always stands out to me most when streaming a first person shooter since aiming seems to make lag stand out the most to me.

My biggest takeaway was that it felt on par but no better than PS Now, Share Play, and the little I played of Stadia. Granted I'd tested PS Now over a wired ethernet, but I played a good bit of Death Stranding on my iPad via remote connection to my PS4 Pro over Christmas and the quality of that stream was better and that was using my own Wi-Fi.

It's worth remembering this is a beta, but I don't have a lot of faith in game streaming being anything other than supplemental way to play video games, at least for the near future.