LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Romier S

Netflix developing The Witcher TV series

More casting news. 

Freya Allan has been cast as Ciri..

comment_PhreRiAovoBVjCArTK8TxdZjZEINpNXX 

685-0-1493401637.png 

Anya Chalotra has been cast as Yennefer.

1538760240430-600x400.jpg?x70969 

mrwnbQA.png

Though keep in mind that the show is based on the books and are set before the games which is why they are skewing quite young on the casting front for these female characters. Curious if they are casting for Triss as well.

It looked like he only had the one sword in that trailer.  Never read any of the books though, or made it through the first two games actually, so was the steel/silver thing something that came up in the witcher 3? 

24 minutes ago, ChrisBardon said:

It looked like he only had the one sword in that trailer.  Never read any of the books though, or made it through the first two games actually, so was the steel/silver thing something that came up in the witcher 3? 

Don’t confuse the games for the books. In the books, Gerald rarely travels with both swords on his person. More often than not, the silver sword is stashed on the side of his horse, Roach. The silver sword will definitely be there and Geralt finally using it will be a big moment much like his demonic appearance after ingesting some Witcher potions for that fight in the trailer.

I like stories with good characters and the people who make trailers never emphasize the characters.  It is always the flash.  I've learned not to be too rash in my reaction to trailers that do this because there might actually be good characters and dialog.  I wish trailers like this would give me more to latch onto but I know it is hard to create trailers that do that.  But I wish the main character projected more than just a Conan the Barbarian vibe.