LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
dogbert

Epic Games Store - Free Games All Year

Been mentioned before, but thought it was worth a proper thread to remind people. Epic's new Game Store, on the PC, is offering limited time freebies for the next 10 months or so. One title available at a time, once you claim it, you can install it any time you like (you're not limited to the free time). 

Current freebies until August 21st - Hyper Light Drifter + Mutant Year Zero

Next - Fez

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dogbert said:

Been mentioned before, but thought it was worth a proper thread to remind people. Epic's new Game Store, on the PC, is offering limited time freebies for the next 10 months or so. One title available at a time, once you claim it, you can install it any time you like (you're not limited to the free time). 

Current freebie until February 21st  - Axiom Verge

Next - Thimbleweed. 

Those games are fantastic. I played both quite thoroughly, but on PS4. 

7 minutes ago, Magness said:

Several sale pages are down atm but some are ok. I’m guessing they are getting hit pretty hard already 

Possibly, but I've heard their portal ain't all that great.  My buddy called it shit.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:40 AM, Magness said:

New Epic Game store sale is starting now including a new freebie - Stories Untold

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

Several sale pages are down atm but some are ok. I’m guessing they are getting hit pretty hard already 

I totally missed Stories Untold going free. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's a mish-mash of text adventure, point & click, puzzles, and creeping horror, taking some notes from Stranger Things, but mixing them up with 80s UK computers & more. Well worth a play.

I haven’t played it yet but, looked cool and free :) 

Also, I’m sure you’ve all seen it already but, a warning to be careful and not buy things in the Epic store too quickly or you can get your account locked...

I totally forgot to post about City of Brass :( Kingdom New Lands is currently free (and is an awesomely understated mix of city building, tower defence, and story, all in a 2d plane...). Next up is one you shouldn't miss - Enter The Dungeon!

I spent an hour or so trying Kingdom New Lands on Xbox Game Pass. Wow, that thing really doesn't want to explain a single little bit of what you've got to do, does it?

2 hours ago, iainl said:

I spent an hour or so trying Kingdom New Lands on Xbox Game Pass. Wow, that thing really doesn't want to explain a single little bit of what you've got to do, does it?

Yeah, for sure. Part of the charm, for me, was figuring stuff out. 

Epic now giving away a game a week for the rest of 2019!

In case you missed it, we’ve been offering a free game every week during the Epic Mega Sale.

Good news - we’re extending that offer through the rest of the year! That’s right: a free game every week for the rest of 2019. And remember, once you pick up a free game from the Epic Games store, it’s yours to keep. 

Enter the Gungeon next!
  • Like 1

Rebel Galaxy is free this week (ahead of its awesome looking sequel). This is well worth a play BTW.

• Like 1

It’s Limbo now and next week we get 2 freebies on the EGS. Can’t fault the free titles but, I wish they would just start working on the store front itself. 

• Like 1