LCVG

WOOO WOOO!

Zathras

Best part is it was kinda unexpected. A guy had it up on a local forsale newsgroup and I emailed/posted for more info and months passed with no contact.

Got an email a couple of hours ago (he had his spam setting set too high and didn't get any mails) and it is a great deal :) (or at least I think so).

Going to have to rearrange my room now, but it will be worth it.

Awesome! I'd love to get a golf and/or bowling cabinet game someday.

I can't understand why so many people collect arcade machines.,...So is it nostalgia or is it the "collecting" mentality?"

Nah, it's just that sometimes I like to get off my ass to play video games. ;)

Really, I bet most here would agree, the experience of playing on a console and on a arcade cabinet are truely different. Take Space Invaders or Centipede for example,... I personally couldn't care less to play either on a console, but put me in front of a cabinet and I'll quickly blow and hour or two button mashing. It is really that simple, IMO.

I'm envious Chris! :D

It isn't about playing the game, right, because you can play most of these games on various consoles.

You could say that about emulators and roms. Sure I can play almost every game game released on past generations of consoles on my computer but there is just something special about playing it on the original consoles they appeared on. I think the same mentality spills over when buying an arcade machine. I love playing centipede on the retro collections I have but man there is nothing like playing it on the original arcade machine.

You could say that about emulators and roms. Sure I can play almost every game game released on past generations of consoles on my computer but there is just something special about playing it on the original consoles they appeared on.

Here here. I know my friends think I'm a little nuts in the head when they see my old NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Intellivision, etc. on my rack. I would love to add a few more vintage systems one day (Turbo Duo!!!).